By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Peter Crouch

anny road

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Abhishek
With a fully functioning midfield and rampaging Gerrard and Lampard - that's a mouthwatering prospect.

Lampard can never be termed as rampaging. He's very good at what he does (scoring deflected goals?), and he gets himself into great goalscoring positions but that's about it. He'll keep the flow of the midfield going but isnt very creative imo. Most of Chelsea's creativity comes from their wide areas. He cant dominate a midfield on his best day, but he'll consistently give you goals.

If Gerrard's allowed to play the way he does for us, and with Beckham's long range passing ability, England could possibly be a force. Same goes for Rooney.

Crouch offers multi-dimensional aspects to any system i.e. he's excellent at his link up on the floor and in the air, and he'll be a potent threat infront of goal if he keeps up his recent form.

Will never happen as long as Eriksson's manager, so there goes genuine potential down the toilet.

Back on topic....Thank You Crouchinho!!! Hope 2006 continues in much the same vein.

Lampard can never be termed as rampaging. He's very good at what he does (scoring deflected goals?), and he gets himself into great goalscoring positions but that's about it. He'll keep the flow of the midfield going but isnt very creative imo. Most of Chelsea's creativity comes from their wide areas. He cant dominate a midfield on his best day, but he'll consistently give you goals.

1133332[/snapback]

how many assists did lampard have last season?

Same here I tips me hat to you Crouchy a great signing and a great bloke from what i've seen in his interviews aswell. It still annoys me when the media say hes got a good touch for a big man, to be honest hes got a great touch no matter what height he is. I'm sure at the start of 2005 if anyone would have said that crouch would not only be playing for us but would have scored our last goal of the year and been as good as he has been I probably would have laughed, but now I couldn't be more happier! :D

Guest Abhishek
how many assists did lampard have last season?

I wasnt saying he's useless creatively. His assists are more of the sensible than the showpony type and that's certainly not a bad thing. He rarely ever does well when Chelsea are having an off day though, so that says their wingers are extremely vital to their success rate in the final third.

He's a very efficient player who has definetly maximised his ability and is at his peak. I just dont believe he's the dominant force that some make him out to be...

Edited by Abhishek