By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Peter Crouch

anny road

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's looking well on course for the 10 goals 15 assists target the consensus set him too. He and Gerrard link up brilliantly.

1128694[/snapback]

I wish SteG would stop jumping on his back though ( :o ), I think he may snap our Crouchy in half one day.

I love Crouchy, what an excellent signing he's looking.

I've watched a few of our games from last season over the Christmas period, and it was noticeable that some of the balls we played forward last season were just wasted wheras this season Chrouchy gets on the end of them and either holds the ball up or lays the ball off to someone else to launch an attack. I love how he never hides and think he's a very consistent player too. Now we just need to find the right partner for him.

All hail Rafa though, he's made some tough decisions and got them right - we are lucky to have him. :)

at the start, i though crouchy was maybe sarcasticaly supported, largely due to his appearance, and also his goal drought which, due to the stupid amount of media coverage, was becoming a joke. he had the support, but it seemed as though it was more mocking crouchy than genuinely supporting him, a la biscan(post last season). but since the wigan goals, people are now relaising how much crouchy offers to the team. it seem wierd to say it, but he is now one of our key men. when he gets a standing ovation from the whole ground, its because people now genuinely appreciate his work for the team. he has earnt the respect of all reds.we look a different, and worse, side without him. he offers so much to the team. unrivalled link up play, holds the ball up as well as someone like shearer in his prime, and now we are getting the goals as well. and, i know everyone says this, but he has got a fantastic touch, and is a very very skillfull player. lots of flicks and tricks.

i also think that crouchy seems very good for team spirit. he seems to have bonded and settled in well with the rest of the players, and he has the approval of all his team mates. as another poster said, i noticed how he was the first yesterday to run over and stick up for alonso. also rememeber him getting in to a similar nark with rio ferdinand earlier on in the season. as much as its wrong to see players losing there heads and fighting, i cant help but like the way the team spirit is so strong that they are all fighting for their mates. that can only be good for us.

i have seen interviews with him and he seems a really nice guy, not big headed or cocky, but really down to earth.

i really want the fella to succeed with us and i think he will.

crouchy :thumbs::applause:

another rafa master stroke

Not fair. The lad is allowed to make his stand and allowed to take some time to acknowledge he may have been incorrect.

We all make s*** judgements - I thought we should have bought Beattie. To highlight anyone poster after all that isn't on.

1128959[/snapback]

Agreed, I'm sure we'll have another opinion amnesty soon and he can admit he was wrong. I thought Finnan wasn't good enough for us both before and for a year after he signed. I also thought Carra was nothing more than a utility squad player. I doubt I was the only one who felt that either.

loved the way he was the 1st that went over n defended Alonso after Bowyer's challenged....

i didn't really comment much when we announced we signed him...as i hardly see him play for Southampton last season...only saw him in one full game against us when v lost n he scored..

it was after a few games this season, i realised that he's the perfect "link-man" that everyone had been saying the team lacked... good touches, good in the air, tracks back....

good man we have there...

Not fair. The lad is allowed to make his stand and allowed to take some time to acknowledge he may have been incorrect.

We all make s*** judgements - I thought we should have bought Beattie. To highlight anyone poster after all that isn't on.

1128959[/snapback]

*cough* cheyrou *cough*