By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Arsenal vs Liverpool - FA Cup, 7th January @ 4:30pm

ynwa.tv

46 minutes ago, Ombudsam said:

Yes!

But also don’t listen to me Jurgen. Everyone in here disagreeing with me knows way more about football than I do 😬

Too late Sammya, the dye is cast.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/we-will-go-all-against-arsenal-jurgen-klopp

Jürgen Klopp: We will go all-in against Arsenal

PUBLISHED 46 MINUTES AGO

By Liverpool FC

Jürgen Klopp says Liverpool are ready to go ‘all-in’ against Arsenal in a bid to secure a place in the Emirates FA Cup fourth round.

The Reds head to Emirates Stadium this afternoon for their third-round clash, with the game coming just 15 days after the sides played out an absorbing 1-1 draw at Anfield in the Premier League.

And though the prospect of Wednesday’s Carabao Cup semi-final first leg against Fulham looms on the horizon, the boss says there is no chance he will take the meeting with the Gunners lightly as a result.

Klopp told reporters: “All the players in our squad, who are with us in the same dressing room, are ready for games. That’s how it is, no doubt about it.

“So, four years ago, we played against Everton in the FA Cup and Curtis Jones fired that ball into the far corner. It was one of the best nights of our lives; [it was] Everton, a derby, a very young team, and we won this game somehow. It was great.

“But can you go to Arsenal and play a team of boys, in the situation Arsenal is in, where they will probably go all-in? Of course not.

“We are Liverpool, we cannot go there like that. And there is no need to.”

He continued: “Yes, three days after this there is another game. But we just came out of a period where we played five games in 13 days, and nobody asked us, ‘How do you feel?’ We just have to go through, we have to win.

“Now we have two games in three days, it sounds like ‘so, where’s the problem?’ That is our life, that is the boys’ life.

“We have to make sure that we get through, but I cannot, after six days [without a game], rest a player on Sunday for the Wednesday, and definitely not for the [next] Premier League game [against AFC Bournemouth] in 16 days. That makes no sense.

“And rhythm is an important thing. So [against] Arsenal, we will go all-in and we will see.”

Edited by psl

52 minutes ago, Ombudsam said:

Yes!

But also don’t listen to me Jurgen. Everyone in here disagreeing with me knows way more about football than I do 😬

The arguments about not going full strength are hardly ridiculous. Not sure how many on here were advocating playing loads of kids either. 

In saying that, he’ll be nice to see a full bloodied, first XI game. The fact it won’t have the stakes of a league game is an added bonus. 

I did forget there wasn’t a league game next weekend, mind. 

Edited by Swipe

Already without Mo, Endo, Matip, Robbo, Szoboszai, Tsimikas, Thiago.

I don't think we have much choice but to go as strong as possible with those available.

Obviously, a home FA Cup draw against lower league opposition would have made this a lot easier but we are not City so that is never going to happen.

1 hour ago, psl said:

“We have to make sure that we get through, but I cannot, after six days [without a game], rest a player on Sunday for the Wednesday, and definitely not for the [next] Premier League game [against AFC Bournemouth] in 16 days. That makes no sense.

“And rhythm is an important thing. So [against] Arsenal, we will go all-in and we will see.”

I can’t believe how simpatico Jurgs and I are. It’s like word for word ❤️

But again, Jurgen I don’t know what I’m doing. Please run it past someone who does. NOT Pep s***ders.

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

The arguments about not going full strength are hardly ridiculous. Not sure how many on here were advocating playing loads of kids either. 

In saying that, he’ll be nice to see a full bloodied, first XI game. The fact it won’t have the stakes of a league game is an added bonus. 

I did forget there wasn’t a league game next weekend, mind. 

I thought they were sound, just erring on the side of caution*

*in terms of what the phrase actually means

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cunny said:

Obviously, a home FA Cup draw against lower league opposition would have made this a lot easier but we are not City so that is never going to happen.

We’ve been in this tournament since 1892. City since whenever. You don’t think there will have been fluctuations in that time?

Was convinced he’d not go full XI. No CL might be changing his thinking a little. Might get away with a not quite first XI for a few more rounds in the EL (I refuse to even give any credence to not winning that thing). 

1 hour ago, psl said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/we-will-go-all-against-arsenal-jurgen-klopp

Jürgen Klopp: We will go all-in against Arsenal

PUBLISHED 46 MINUTES AGO

By Liverpool FC

Jürgen Klopp says Liverpool are ready to go ‘all-in’ against Arsenal in a bid to secure a place in the Emirates FA Cup fourth round.

The Reds head to Emirates Stadium this afternoon for their third-round clash, with the game coming just 15 days after the sides played out an absorbing 1-1 draw at Anfield in the Premier League.

And though the prospect of Wednesday’s Carabao Cup semi-final first leg against Fulham looms on the horizon, the boss says there is no chance he will take the meeting with the Gunners lightly as a result.

Klopp told reporters: “All the players in our squad, who are with us in the same dressing room, are ready for games. That’s how it is, no doubt about it.

“So, four years ago, we played against Everton in the FA Cup and Curtis Jones fired that ball into the far corner. It was one of the best nights of our lives; [it was] Everton, a derby, a very young team, and we won this game somehow. It was great.

“But can you go to Arsenal and play a team of boys, in the situation Arsenal is in, where they will probably go all-in? Of course not.

“We are Liverpool, we cannot go there like that. And there is no need to.”

He continued: “Yes, three days after this there is another game. But we just came out of a period where we played five games in 13 days, and nobody asked us, ‘How do you feel?’ We just have to go through, we have to win.

“Now we have two games in three days, it sounds like ‘so, where’s the problem?’ That is our life, that is the boys’ life.

Jürgen just called Everton a small club there without actually calling them a small club. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

Was convinced he’d not go full XI. No CL might be changing his thinking a little. Might get away with a not quite first XI for a few more rounds in the EL (I refuse to even give any credence to not winning that thing). 

He's ruled out playing the academy players (which no-one was suggesting he did anyway), he's not ruled out making changes within the first team squad.

We're missing Robbo, Tsimi, Szoboszlai, Mo & Endo (plus Doak, Thaigwho, Bajcetic and Matip from the long term injuries) so whatever the lineup, it'll be no where near our best XI anyway 

3 minutes ago, stressederic said:

When would any replay for this be? Any chance it might push a league game back meaning Mo & Endo return for that?

Wc: 15th Jan.

Would make our mid season break null and void.

3 minutes ago, Cunny said:

Jesus not available for them today by all accounts.

Not that it really weakens them. 

Yea he's really really bad yet exists

Unlike the other who was great and fictional 

35 minutes ago, Gethin said:

He's ruled out playing the academy players (which no-one was suggesting he did anyway), he's not ruled out making changes within the first team squad.

We're missing Robbo, Tsimi, Szoboszlai, Mo & Endo (plus Doak, Thaigwho, Bajcetic and Matip from the long term injuries) so whatever the lineup, it'll be no where near our best XI anyway 

Yeah but I’m talking about the prospect that his words above mean he’s going all in like he would if this is a league game. His best XI available. 

20 minutes ago, Cunny said:

There’s an interview piece in the times today with Odegaard that has a little bit defending Jesus. It mentions that we are the model for Arsenal and after all we had Bobby and he didn’t score much but he was there to facilitate the wide players.

Bit weird, unless Jesus does loads of great assisting that I’ve missed. 

9 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Yeah but I’m talking about the prospect that his words above mean he’s going all in like he would if this is a league game. His best XI available. 

There’s an interview piece in the times today with Odegaard that has a little bit defending Jesus. It mentions that we are the model for Arsenal and after all we had Bobby and he didn’t score much but he was there to facilitate the wide players.

Bit weird, unless Jesus does loads of great assisting that I’ve missed. 

he does feck all 

he's in one of my fantasy teams and he's getting binned in our mid season auction

44 minutes ago, Cunny said:

At his age you’re gonna have one helluva hangover after celebrating your birthday with half the globe

Just now, muleskinner said:

Presume it's just a rest and nothing more sinister?

Yeah just rested according to the rumour. 

This seems to be the team doing the rounds:

Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Quansah, Gomez; Mac Allister, Elliot, Jones; Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz.

1 minute ago, Swipe said:

Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Quansah, Gomez; Mac Allister, Elliot, Jones; Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz.

Glad he’s rested Virg.

Not much left is there.

5 minutes ago, Swipe said:

That's basically 8 of the 11 I suggested.

In summary Jurgen thinks @Ombudsam is a c*** 😉

• Haha 1