By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Darwin Núñez

Frosty Jack

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Elite footballers should still be able to score, or at least hit the target, with their weaker foot 

Elliott had time to take a touch for that last shot too.. He was great when he came on but just lacked composure then. 

Can't believe they had Onana, Maguire and Kambawala and they took points off us

I don’t fully understand why we are so un clinical. I get that we want to make high percentage chances in terms of likelihood but once we are in those positions surely the striker instinct to hit it hard in the corner of the net should kick in?

26 minutes ago, Dan said:

Elite footballers should still be able to score, or at least hit the target, with their weaker foot 

And if you can’t - practice until you can, you lazy t***s 

1 hour ago, Kid Klopp said:

I don't understand his finish for the 5v2.

He hits that with his right foot and it is so easy to tap in wherever he wants basically. Instead, he squared with his left. he's f***ing right footed. 

It makes no sense. 

And there was a player free if he'd cut it back but he squared it to nobody 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

I don’t fully understand why we are so un clinical. I get that we want to make high percentage chances in terms of likelihood but once we are in those positions surely the striker instinct to hit it hard in the corner of the net should kick in?

I think underlying fatigue plays a big part.

Body movements become much less fluid, nerves twitch when muscles are pushed to their limits. We train hard, we play pressing football and we have played a ridiculous number of games. I don't know the stats for minutes for these players vs other clubs though, so I might be way off here.

We have no fresh forwards (apart from Elliot) to put on as subs, so we are working these 3 too hard.

Nobody has called for Danns or Koumas to start recent games but maybe an hour here or there for each other them helps to keep things fresh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Klopp said:

I don't understand his finish for the 5v2.

He hits that with his right foot and it is so easy to tap in wherever he wants basically. Instead, he squared with his left. he's f***ing right footed. 

It makes no sense. 

Probably made sense to him at the time due to him not really being the smartest of players. 

I still couldn't get over Kambawala diving in on him and Nunez getting past him and was in on goal yet Kambawala somehow managed to get up, catch him up and tackle him before he could take a shot. 

We do a great job of making their young unknown players look better than they probably are.

20 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

Body movements become much less fluid, nerves twitch when muscles are pushed to their limits. We train hard, we play pressing football and we have played a ridiculous number of games. I don't know the stats for minutes for these players vs other clubs though, so I might be way off here.

We have no fresh forwards (apart from Elliot) to put on as subs, so we are working these 3 too hard.

Nobody has called for Danns or Koumas to start recent games but maybe an hour here or there for each other them helps to keep things fresh.

I'd have liked a bit of Danns in either of these recent OT games. Suspect Klopp would like to rehabilitate Gakpo's confidence instead. 

• Upvote 2

The ball should never have fallen to him in that 5v2, it was f***ing brain dead from Diaz trying to pick him out from there and the pass was f***ing tragic, made it almost impossible to score from that angle......like Dom first half where he picked the wrong option to slip Bradley in, was screaming at him to just f***ing shoot. Set up for both of you on your stronger foot, f***ing leather it across goal.

Edited by Binomial
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jarg Armani said:

When on goal we look like we lacked confidence. Which is odd but so many new players not used to a title run in could be a huge amount of “having the willies”.

1 minute ago, Benzo-13 said:

When on goal we look like we lacked confidence. Which is odd but so many new players not used to a title run in could be a huge amount of “having the willies”.

Doesn’t bode well for the next 7 does it?

13 minutes ago, Binomial said:

The ball should never have fallen to him in that 5v2, it was f***ing brain dead from Diaz trying to pick him out from there and the pass was f***ing tragic, made it almost impossible to score from that angle......like Dom first half where he picked the wrong option to slip Bradley in, was screaming at him to just f***ing shoot. Set up for both of you on your stronger foot, f***ing leather it across goal.

Agree on both - there were loads of little incidents like that were either the wrong option was taken or the right option with a slight error on the pass that cocked it up

Diaz pass to Salah in the first half on a break. He sees Salah in loads of space to his right, for some reason delays the pass, then hits it with his left when it was on his right, the pass is underhit so Salah has to kinda scoop it from behind him and there’s subsequently no power in the shot and Onana saves easily.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

Yeah - there was a through ball yesterday where he lost possession when a few months he would have just hit the turbo 

Front three started too far apart yesterday because they were switching to a back five when we attacked

7 minutes ago, Cobs said:

Agree on both - there were loads of little incidents like that were either the wrong option was taken or the right option with a slight error on the pass that cocked it up

Diaz pass to Salah in the first half on a break. He sees Salah in loads of space to his right, for some reason delays the pass, then hits it with his left when it was on his right, the pass is underhit so Salah has to kinda scoop it from behind him and there’s subsequently no power in the shot and Onana saves easily.

Yeah that was really annoying but not half as infuriating when Salah skied the rebound from 3 yards after Onana parried Diaz's effort straight to him (granted he had to take it on his weaker foot) but it's still a criminal miss.

All in all a very bad day at the office for the front 3 (4 if you include Szobo), couldn't have turned out much worst if they tried.

Edited by Binomial

3 minutes ago, Binomial said:

Yeah that was really annoying but not half as infuriating when Salah skied the rebound from 3 yards after Onana parried Diaz's effort straight to him (granted he had to take it on his weaker foot) but it's still a criminal miss.

All in all a very bad day at the office for the front 3 (4 if you include Szobo), couldn't have turned out much worst if they tried.

Yeah - wrong foot or not that’s not a hard finish for Mo. just never wrapped his foot around it.

13 minutes ago, Cobs said:

7 minutes ago, Binomial said:

Nunez skying his shot top right when he just had to hit it low into the corner; Salah missing with his right foot and then trying  very difficult volley with his left from the left side when he had time to bring it down...

2 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Nunez skying his shot top right when he just had to hit it low into the corner; Salah missing with his right foot and then trying  very difficult volley with his left from the left side when he had time to bring it down...

Even Diaz at the end - poke at the bouncing ball with your foot and you can direct into the corner - instead he blamms it over

11 minutes ago, Maldini said:

That was a way worse miss than they made out on the commentary, he HAS to score that. Even just stick your studs on it and it goes in

Ref gave a foul for the Robbo push anyway didn't he? Would have been way worse if it had gone in and been disallowed.

1 minute ago, Jarg Armani said:

Ref gave a foul for the Robbo push anyway didn't he? Would have been way worse if it had gone in and been disallowed.

Yeah... Antony making a f***ing meal of it as well 

5 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Did he!!?? There was nothing in that 

2 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

Don't think he did. Antony got a yellow for protesting.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1