By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

FA Cup Semi-Final Manchester City 16/04/2022 3.30pm

Cunny

22 minutes ago, smithdown said:

Walker be a big deal also

I am almost minded to prefer Walker to be out over De Bruyne as they lose the pace at the back. Whilst Mane/Diaz will be playing Cancelo instead of Walker, it means Salah will be facing either Ake/Zinchenko

I did say almost because if you offered me a choice I'd still pick De Bruyne to miss out - but hopefully one of them do miss out.

Squad management and luck with injuries will be key for the rest of the season, (touch wood) we seem to be doing well on that front. Would be nice to see City suffer a bit, they had no real Covid impact whereas we had to play Morton against Spurs etc..

Do we go the same team as the league game on Sunday ? Its looking like that might be in Klopp's thinking. Which is sensible. If they were the guys to take them on at the Etihad, why are they not at Wembley, especially if we got to manage their minutes 

Alisson

TAA [Konate/Matip]**** VVD Robertson

Henderson* Fabinho Thiago

Salah Jota** Mane***

*Henderson was in the 1st batch of subs on 57mins and Fab/Thiago were rested whilst Keita finished the game

**Jota was in the 1st batch of subs on 57mins whereas Bobby played got subbed around 90mins for Origi

***Mane scored last week and started on the bench tonight

****The only call seems to be Matip or Konate. If VVD started tonight, then we would guess that whoever didn't start tonight was playing against City.

10 hours ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

Do we go the same team as the league game on Sunday ? Its looking like that might be in Klopp's thinking. Which is sensible. If they were the guys to take them on at the Etihad, why are they not at Wembley, especially if we got to manage their minutes 

Alisson

TAA [Konate/Matip]**** VVD Robertson

Henderson* Fabinho Thiago

Salah Jota** Mane***

*Henderson was in the 1st batch of subs on 57mins and Fab/Thiago were rested whilst Keita finished the game

**Jota was in the 1st batch of subs on 57mins whereas Bobby played got subbed around 90mins for Origi

***Mane scored last week and started on the bench tonight

****The only call seems to be Matip or Konate. If VVD started tonight, then we would guess that whoever didn't start tonight was playing against City.

That midfield got overrun at the Etihad but you'd be hopeful that Fabinho couldn't be as bad again.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Bobby and Keita would start for me. Henderson and Jota on the bench.

Yeah I'm leaning that way too. 

When Bobby scores he's often tended to have a little run of good performances/scoring. 

If "Good Keita" shows up he'll have a bit more buzz about him than Hendo. 

Hendo has looked a bit tired and has overused floaty little cross field passes which have generally given away possession. You'd think Keita might have a bit more drive in taking the ball forward as well as hassling their midfield. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Bobby and Keita would start for me. Henderson and Jota on the bench.

Henderson was the one that was asked to go join Jota in central areas and get around Silva and Rodri.

His natural replacement for that role would be Keita - and Bobby is a good option in those spaces also.

Ox, Milner, Elliott and Jones are the alternatives to Keita - and I don't see them as being the players to go chase around and close down City's players. Keita has been fairly effective in covering the ground when there is "trigger".

• Like 1

Just now, Gethin said:

There's that too :)

Henderson is becoming a bit of a concern imo. I'd be surprised if City are as intense this time around so that might mitigate some of the issues with him. Jota just isn't as good as Bobby unless he's in the box.