By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Brentford (A) PL, Sat 25th Sept, 17:30 KO

Gethin

I thought they had come up playing swashbuckling, freestyle, total football but a few people now have said they're a dirty team on the sly.  More akin to Burnley than Brazil 1970.

I've not seen a minute of them so I don't know if anyone here can corroborate?

Just now, Cam said:

I thought they had come up playing swashbuckling, freestyle, total football but a few people now have said they're a dirty team on the sly.  More akin to Burnley than Brazil 1970.

I've only seen the Wolves game but they looked good in that.

Played attacking football. Nothing like Burnley.

Just now, Boca said:

I've only seen the Wolves game but they looked good in that.

Played attacking football. Nothing like Burnley.

Good.  Will hopefully mean we come out of it with no injuries.  10 of the 11 are obvious, just the 3rd midfield place really and I think he'll go for Jimbob over Curtis.

Alisson

Trent Matip VvD Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Milner 

Salah Jota Mane

On 22/09/2021 at 09:45, Cam said:

Their striker, Toney, looks a decent player, scored loads in the Championship and looked good in their first few games this season. 

You'd imagine VVD will cope with him tho. 

Edited by Tommok

5 hours ago, RaoulD said:

Remember the last time we played them away. They had Ron "Chopper" Harris trying to stop Ian Rush!

Yeah 1983 and Rush scored twice in a 1-4 win. We won the home leg 4-0. 

In fact we've always scored 4 against them - the other game being the 4-0 win in the FA Cup in 1989.

19 hours ago, Tommok said:

Yeah 1983 and Rush scored twice in a 1-4 win. We won the home leg 4-0. 

In fact we've always scored 4 against them - the other game being the 4-0 win in the FA Cup in 1989.

They had a decent player called Francis Joseph playing for them who caused us a few problems early on but after half time we stepped up a gear. 

15 hours ago, PaulMcC186 said:

What are they like defending set pieces? We're getting loads of chances from them this season.

Haven't seen enough of them mate. I try get a sense of the basics of what we might confront especially with a team new to the league. The Fulham away game was a real surprise last year with how they stepped up their energy and ran us ragged in the 1st half with us being well below par. So just try to understand if these would put it up to us or take a more cautious approach 

• Like 1