Sign in to follow this  
McBain

The Athletic

The fact that they have recruited basically everybody also means your Twitter feed now gets spammed to f*** with adverts for The Athletic as the writers promo their own pieces and retweet every bugger else's.

The fact that they have recruited basically everybody also means your Twitter feed now gets spammed to f*** with adverts for The Athletic as the writers promo their own pieces and retweet every bugger else's.

Yup. A lot of muting going on at the moment

I thought Twitter was basically dead now - any useful stuff posted there?

I thought Twitter was basically dead now - any useful stuff posted there?

It's still got over 300mill regular users. Loads of guff there but still useful.

Taken a sub. Must admit pleasantly surprised by the articles. In depth, well written more like 442 magazine than a newspaper.

Owners may be s*** but product is off to a good start.

is that the discounted sub? are you getting NFL, NHL Basketball etc? Do you get regional sports - for example GAA in Ireland?

Edited by DPD1973

is that the discounted sub? are you getting NFL, NHL Basketball etc? Do you get regional sports - for example GAA in Ireland?

I've got the discounted sub and yes you get other sports such as NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, Boxing, MMA, Golf and Motorsports. You can choose whether you want them to appear in your feed.

Because we get screwed on all global pricing.

I bought from UK site. ;-).

Excpet Avis car hire. I booked yesterday and it was approx $500 for 12 days, on the UK page it was 470 pounds!

Isn't it likely as what has happened repeatedly with articles behind a paywall such as The Times, that they end up cut and pasted everywhere anyway? This hasn't really happened with The Anfield Wrap but that may be to do with loyalty to former posters on here more than anything else. Can't speak as to whether their articles have appeared on other sites. How much is a sub to the wrap these days anyway? Edit £7-£10 a month.

Edited by DPD1973

I think the difference is value/price has been better set. I’m paying just for what I want. Not for other opinionated alleged news about politics or crime.

Isn't it likely as what has happened repeatedly with articles behind a paywall such as The Times, that they end up cut and pasted everywhere anyway? This hasn't really happened with The Anfield Wrap but that may be to do with loyalty to former posters on here more than anything else. Can't speak as to whether their articles have appeared on other sites. How much is a sub to the wrap these days anyway? Edit £7-£10 a month.

£7 or £10 but it’s difficult to copy and paste a podcast.

Pretty certain the writing on TAW is free.

Former.

Yeah. Can't see how they're making that a viable business with what they're paying journalists. Was talking to someone I know that's a sport's journalist the other day and he reckons that whist they got a bunch of big names, loads turned them down as they didn't think it had more than a couple of years of life and they'd then find difficulty getting work back in a conventional paper if it wall went t*** up