By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

So, Striker then

baja the hut

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barca, whilst allowing for the likes of City and Chelsea, also know that there are a few career ending megabucks destinations who routinely over pay for the global name...US, Middle East, Far east, sometimes the Turkish clubs, there is now the Russian teams also... Villa could net them 10-12 mil and he gets one last big pay day...

100% this.

I think Sahin has suffered from the fact that Brendan doesnt really know how to use him. Not unlike Gerrard, this season.

Is this the same Gerrard having one of his best seasons in recent years? The one who's played every minute every league game so far? Look at his stats for this season. Other than goals been quietly effective. One of Brendan's changes that will extension his career. I'd love to see him off the striker too but have to admit he's doing a great job where he is too.

FWIW I agree with growler. I think Gerrard is doing an excellent job playing where he is, and "he's 32 now and playing like it" sums it up rather neatly. I also think that groin problem he had a couple of years ago took a lot out of him, much of the power appears to have gone from his shot.

FWIW I agree with growler. I think Gerrard is doing an excellent job playing where he is, and "he's 32 now and playing like it" sums it up rather neatly. I also think that groin problem he had a couple of years ago took a lot out of him, much of the power appears to have gone from his shot.

I must have imagined all the times the midfield got walked through this season because Gerrard has been excellent playing deep.

Agree

Been our best midfielder by a distance this year

Its not saying alot though, midfield has been a big problem this season when we have not had the ball. Its somewhat better on the ball, but when we loose it, there is either (a) not enough legs or (b) not enough desire to get back and make it very difficult for the opposition to break us down.

We are changing into a side then wants to keep the ball until we create openings ,

wants to press quickly and continuously when we dont have the ball .

Gerrard is in the latter bits of his career , his game up until the last year or so has been about running the length of the pitch and smashing long range shots in from distance .

He no longer has the engine to do the first ,and he doesnt seem to have the power to do the second .

He is trying to reinvent himself into a central midfielder who keeps the game ticking over .

He has the presence and ability to do this its not in question , but it will not happen over night , no matter how brilliant he has been before now .

He has the ability and knowledge to mould himself into a player who can player who can play infront of the back four with ease , but for him to do it in the manner that we need it will take a little bit of time .

Or we could just play him higher up the park, where he can do damage and provide the thing our squad is crying out for - goal threat.

We have 2 players suited to 2 positions in our midfield and they were here when Rodgers came.

Gerrard forward, Lucas back.

Henderson, Allen and Sahin can play either a bit deeper with Lucas or a bit further forward depending on the opposition.

Lucas & '1 from Allen, Sahin and Henderson'

Gerrard or 'Suso/Shelvey'

We have 2 players suited to 2 positions in our midfield and they were here when Rodgers came.

Gerrard forward, Lucas back.

Henderson, Allen and Sahin can play either a bit deeper with Lucas or a bit further forward depending on the opposition.

Lucas & '1 from Allen, Sahin and Henderson'

Gerrard or 'Suso/Shelvey'

Is the correct answer.

Gerrard has been ordinary. Needs to play further forward. Would love to see Suso given some time at #10.