By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Here's that new takeover thread

David Hodgson

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"By removing the burden of acquisition debt, this offer allows us to focus on investment in the team. I am only disappointed that the owners have tried everything to prevent the deal from happening and that we need to go through legal proceedings in order to complete the sale."

:lol: that's quite a public ticking off.

Think it's gonna be a messy one though... and we'll pay everyone's legal fees

Would'nt it be great if we could get H+G in a big room together, spend a few minutes laughing at them and then give them both a good beating, now f*** off you pair of c****. Fantastic they have walked with f*** all

Well hopefully the fact that we may end up being sold to a sports company is a good sign and it wont be a LBO

do we know that for sure?

How long will these legal proceedings take?

As long as it takes RBS to call the debt in?

I wonder what the other stuff is too (on the note to editors)....and when will the price come out, that will be great news when we see them get nothing.

The Premier League approval wont take long, and lawyers can work quickly when they want, so it could all be done and dusted before the next game.

Roy and the team will have no excuses about off field goings on from now...so Roy, if they don't perform, it's your fault!!!

Broughton has kept his word, he said it would all be done quietly and it has. He deserves credit in all this.

The last two statements on the offal have been ballsy, have to hand it to them.

Tariq Panja:

Told the fee #NESV is paying for #LFC is about 300 million quid. That would leave the owners didly. Hence the legal challenge

So in summary?

The board do have the right to approve a sale over the heads of the owners

The owners are trying to break up the board to get around that. If none of them are mad or in legal breech of their positions, this will be unsuccessful. The board have already been told they can legally put the long term health of the business ahead of the shareholders interests.

They have been negotiating with unknown parties in secret for many weeks.

Hicks and Gillett have finally run out of wriggle room and bluff?

The last two statements on the offal have been ballsy, have to hand it to them.

Tariq Panja:

Told the fee #NESV is paying for #LFC is about 300 million quid. That would leave the owners didly. Hence the legal challenge

that would be f***ing beautiful. expect hicks to fight tooth and nail though.

I wonder what the other stuff is too (on the note to editors)....and when will the price come out, that will be great news when we see them get nothing.

The Premier League approval wont take long, and lawyers can work quickly when they want, so it could all be done and dusted before the next game.

Roy and the team will have no excuses about off field goings on from now...so Roy, if they don't perform, it's your fault!!!

Broughton has kept his word, he said it would all be done quietly and it has. He deserves credit in all this.

Someone was happy wth Moores when he sold too

Edited by Tosh

So, that Purslow and Broughton eh. Pawns of the Americans brought in to undermine and remove Rafa, replace him with a puppet and preside over the asset stripping of the club.

Or........ at the most pivotal moment in the clubs history, men who stepped up to the plate ?

You decide.

Why does it have to be Broughton AND Purslow? IMO it is eminently possible that what we have is one c*** who was in over his head when he got the job and has been an unmitigated disaster ever since and one "man who stepped up to the plate". Which one is which - you decide.

Some choice quotes from Broughton there. The big red flag from that statement is the mention of investment in the team rather than team and stadium. We'll have to see how this pans out. It's a big worry what their endgame is in this - there has yet to be a strong case made that money can be made out of owning football clubs.

I f***ing hate the Redsox but I have to admit there are some very strong similarities between them and Liverpool. They do appear to be well run, though and set up to compete every year. They've had a bad year but that's more to do with Tampa Bay ripping up the AL East than anything else.

So, that Purslow and Broughton eh. Pawns of the Americans brought in to undermine and remove Rafa, replace him with a puppet and preside over the asset stripping of the club.

Or........ at the most pivotal moment in the clubs history, men who stepped up to the plate ?

You decide.

All in good time

Positives:

They're gone

NESV have been quietly involved for a while - so will have a clue as to the mess

Price won't be a fortune

Debt might be reduced a bit...

We may get a stadium

Negatives

They're not gone

We have no idea who NESV but they are not Abramovich rish

We still got Roy...

If sale goes through, and new owners invest in team, that would be awesome!!! Pity Rafa would have just missed out. imagine with him at the helm and new sensible management...

Well hopefully Roy has it in him somwhere to do very well here under new owners...

You decide.

I don''t really have a problem with Broughton - he set himself up for a fall with some of the stuff he said, but I think the fact that he's got such a reputation to protect also helped ensure he did the right thing.

Purslow is still a c***. Different kind of c*** to Gillett and Hicks, and simply because he did what was best for himself and the club on one issue doesn't absolve him of everything else he's done.

A puppet would probably make a better manager than Hodgson (who in terms of transfers did come across as a complete puppet).

Someone was happy wth Moores when he sold too

This is true. The main issue with Moores was who he sold to and for what reasons.

The mood music on Broughton has been varied and freeform, anything from being a Chelsea agent, to a stooge for the owners, to being a city boy, through to more solid complaints over the last manager leaving and this one coming in.

Could it all have been handled better? Probably, but events, events, and I doubt we know more than 10% of what has been going down at various times over his term. Hopefully this is the start of a recovery to being a proper football club again.

I go to sleep for 4 hours and it gets even more exciting!

I don't care if the new owners aren't sugar daddy abramovich types, as long as they run us properly. Be very interested to hear their stadium plans though, which no ones mentioned so far.