By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Pre-emptive strike

Martian

Rafa's situation is untenable and any lesser man would have resigned. But I sincerely believe Rafa loves the club and the fans. I think a delegation of fans should meet with Rafa, offer him support and ask him not to consider leaving. A more effective action from us is needed soon or all may be lost within a few weeks.

I'm sure he has nothing better to do than meet some fans that will tell him what he knows anyway.

maybe they could tell him that we wouldn;t mind winning the European cup again and that the Torres bloke looks ok!

anything completely f***ing obvious that I missed???

anything completely f***ing obvious that I missed???

yea, your a sarcastic batstd skippy!

And your comments are so well thought out and inspirational, not to mention important and useful.

Oh yea and everybody really likes you!

Edited by uppsala

yea, your a sarcastic batstd skippy!

And your comments are so well thought out and inspirational, not to mention important and useful.

Oh yea and everybody really likes you!

oh the pleasure is all mine. and I only do it for the popularity.

did I miss anything important in all your other posts? no. thought not. keep up the good work.

Y'know, one of the classiest things I've seen Liverpool fans do was raise money to send flowers for Houllier's wife when he was suffering personal attacks that he didn't deserve. Sadly, a fat Geordie swiped the rest of the money raised, which was supposed to go to charity, but never mind. Anyway, maybe we ought to do the same for Montse, just as a token of our support and sympathy for the s*** they've been going through lately. I'll happily pitch in if someone could organise it. And this time any extra money could go to the HJC, not the fat Geordie.

Edited by Crazy Horse

Y'know, one of the classiest things I've seen Liverpool fans do was raise money to send flowers for Houllier's wife when he was suffering personal attacks that he didn't deserve. Sadly, a fat Geordie swiped the rest of the money raised, which was supposed to go to charity, but never mind. Anyway, maybe we ought to do the same for Montse, just as a token of our support and sympathy for the s*** they've been going through lately. I'll happily pitch in if someone could organise it. And this time any extra money could go to the HJC, not the fat Geordie.

I remember that, that fat thieving w*****

was that after he suffered the heart attack, or was it after the personal attacks

Guest Linton

I was in on that flower thing. So what happened with the money? I missed that completely. I hope she got some flowers at least? :unsure:

Totally different scenario. Houllier was under vicious personal attack from a minority of fans - while the majority wanted him out purely for football reasons.

The great majority of fans want Benitez to stay (understatement) and it is the club hierarchy that are dicking him around.

The most important thing is to keep showing massive support at the games. Some personal letters may be a good idea as well. He truly does care about the fans.

Leaving Valencia was very hard for him.

Rafa's situation isn't untenable yet. It will become so if in a few weeks time this mess has still not been sorted out (or moved on a pace) and he isn't allowed to prepare for next season. If his job is restricted in the summer he will walk, surely. Till then he is in a no lose situation but we are getting closer to breaking point for Rafa because we all know he wants to work quickly and efficiently over the summer.

I actually think Rafa has an inside track on a few things, and will stay another season I reckon. He has invested too much of himself to leave now. Look at all the kids he has brought in; He really believes in them, and what he is doing. We are not far away from where we need to be either, and lets not forget that in January we were in the same situation, it just wasn't public knowledge. What have we done since? signed Skrtel and Mach.

Lets not forget the club is still a going concern and so I expect there will be funds and opportunity for Rafa. Also, Parry will have to step up to the plate and earn his keep, especially now he has eyes on him, and Hicks has spelled out what the rest of us thought too.

I think as long as he gets a healthy transfer kitty from somewhere to take his project to the next level then Rafa will stay regardless of who owns the club, even if it's everyone's favourite Texan.

Transfer funds and our ability to tie up his targets in the transfer market have been the only thing he's really ever felt the need to kick off about. Apart from that Rafa just gets on with it.

It's not really down to him to decide who and where the money comes from. His job is just to make us a success on the pitch and to do that he needs to be able to buy and sell players effectively.

As long as he can do that he believes in his ability as a coach and clearly loves it here so he's not going anywhere.

Edited by Leo No.8

I think as long as he gets a healthy transfer kitty from somewhere to take his project to the next level then Rafa will stay regardless of who owns the club, even if it's everyone's favourite Texan.

Transfer funds and our ability to tie up his targets in the transfer market have been the only thing he's really ever felt the need to kick off about. Apart from that Rafa just gets on with it.

It's not really down to him to decide who and where the money comes from. His job is just to make us a success on the pitch and to do that he needs to be able to buy and sell players effectively.

As long as he can do that he believes in his ability as a coach and clearly loves it here so he's not going anywhere.

indeed, but you have to wonder what sort of state the working relationship between Parry and Rafa is. If its Parrys job to go and tie up the contracts and sort the transfers, andhe andRAfa are barely speaking, then that makes everything even more difficult. I think since it has come out thatParry was at the meeting with Klinsman, his position at the club is untenable.