By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Hicks leaks Rafa's Transfer plans

Magic8Ball

Hicks Leaked Info To Klinsmann, Rafa Furious

Rafa Benitez will reportedly confront Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks after it came to light that the American has maintained contact with Jurgen Klinsmann

[

It is believed that Klinsmann’s representatives contacted Liverpool in order to warn them that the ex-Germany striker had got wind of Benitez’s transfer schemes.

The Merseyside club were shocked when they discovered that someone had supposedly sought Klinsmann’s opinion regarding at least one possible target they had been tracking.

This information will surely infuriate Rafa Benitez, who has been alerting Hicks via private emails of his transfer plans as Liverpool prepare to launch into the summer market, and he will want an explanation as to why the former Tottenham star had been contacted at all.

Repercussions

Klinsmann was interviewed in November as a candidate to succeed Benitez, who was in the midst of a public dispute with Hicks and his policies at the time.

Now Klinsmann is in line to take the reigns from Ottmar Hitzfeld next season at Bayern Munich, and information of this sort being leaked to one of Liverpool’s stronger competitors in the transfer market could be very damaging to the Reds’ hopes of securing their preferred targets this summer.

Control

It has been a turbulent week at Anfield, after Hicks asked Liverpool CEO Rick Parry to resign, sending shockwaves through Merseyside amid the celebrations of Tuesday’s thrilling Champions League victory over Arsenal.

This is just the latest development in Hicks’ attempt to secure sole executive control of the club, following his falling out with co-owner George Gillett and his deflections of Dubai Investment Capital’s efforts to mount a takeover bid.

Rafa Refusal, Revival

Benitez refused to comment on the matter ahead of Liverpool’s Premier League clash with Blackburn Rovers at Anfield today.

Despite a substandard patch of league form that sees his side occupying fourth spot in the table, Benitez has won over many sceptical fans in recent months due to Liverpool’s continued dominance in Europe, as they prepare to face Chelsea in the Champions League semi-finals in two weeks’ time.

Many of Rafa’s supporters are adamant that he should distance himself from Hicks’ regime, as most Liverpool fans seem to prefer the prospect of Gillett selling his majority stake in the club to DIC.

Mike Maguire

source

I think it an understatement to say Gillet and Hicks have been a disaster for Liverpool.

what were Parry and Moores thinking ?

Edited by Magic8Ball

Rafa Benitez will reportedly confront Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks after it came to light that the American has maintained contact with Jurgen Klinsmann

[source

I think it an understatement to say Gillet and Hicks have been a disaster for Liverpool.

what were Parry and Moores thinking ?

One of them was thinking "I've been out of my depth in this boardroom for a decade, hope I can get out in a way that resembles a proper transfer of power, even though I'm relying on other people to tell me what that looks like as I don't have a clue" and the other was thinking "which of the options on the table gives me the best chance of keeping my job?". In a nutshell.

I wonder if either of them can spell "due diligence", and if they did, whether they considered the process for vetting potential suitors. Seriously, at this point I'm thinking Steve f*cking Morgan would've been a better option.

:angry:

If you're going to ask about transfers then you ask about someone that knows! And that HAS to be Jurgen Klinsmann**

** f***ing hell!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA could these f***ing American a******s be any more f***ing clueless.

I've always taken a bit of a laid back view on these two thinking it will resolve itself - but if this story is true - f*** me - there have never been more stupid, clueless, thick t***s in charge of a major football club. Ever.

They haven't got a f***ing clue.

If you're going to ask about transfers then you ask about someone that knows! And that HAS to be Jurgen Klinsmann**

** f***ing hell!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA could these f***ing American a******s be any more f***ing clueless.

I've always taken a bit of a laid back view on these two thinking it will resolve itself - but if this story is true - f*** me - there have never been more stupid, clueless, thick t***s in charge of a major football club. Ever.

more importantly, they dont look capable of spending the cash on the first team !

If this is true, you should be able to look up "the dumbest man on earth" in Wikipedia and find a large picture of Hicks. Holly s*it, this dude is dumb!!!!!!!!!!

I think Hicks wants Rafa to quit as Rafa is against him. As he can't fire Rafa (or doesn't want to pay the separation fee) he's making his situation enworkable. It's a 'cunning' plan.

Then join us Andy....

Join Us....

If this is true then I just can not see how Raffa could remain at Liverpool his situation would be a nightmare. It just gets worse and worse everyday. I am a 52 year old woman with a great job great freinds and family nothing at all to be down about and at the moment I just feel like crying it is like I am slowly watching something I love die destroyed from the inside. All I want and actually pray for is that we can just get back to supporting our team win or lose. That we come on these boards to argue about differant opinions on players games ect not this s----. I just wonder how many off us feel so depressed right now. I know in the grand scheme off things with all the wars and famine and death in the world Liverpool fc is a tiny dot just a game but to me it is everything all I can think about at the moment. The feeling I had on Tuesday leaving the game has gone destroyed by the b------ Hicks yet again. All we can hope for at the moment is a miracle cure but I cant see that happening all I can see is it getting worse and worse.

There is so much mud slinging and spin about at the moment that anything we read about Hicks Gillett or Parry should be taken with a big pinch of salt. This revelation is so damaging to Hicks that it is entirely possible it came from the Gillett camp to drive a wedge between Hicks and Benitez

Edited by Marvin

Hmm, anyone reckon he might have right in his assesment of Parry and Moores??

Sadly, quite possibly.

The public always assumes that 'big bosses' in charge of large institutions (be they companies, football clubs or anything else worth millions with hundreds of employees) are ubermen who have reached their position due to expertise, natural selection, and a commercial recognition of virtue.

The frightening reality is that often these individuals are as self-serving, flawed and uninformed as the man on the street, and sometimes with enough psychological and personal defects to make them unsuitable to be let out by themselves, much less running a business. Many have got to a position of power purely through knowing the right person at the right moment and chancing their arm.

I've met a fair few people like that in commerce, the civil service and on quangos. It seems that bell-ends are evenly distributed across society, no matter what the level of power or wealth. Cf: Bush, the sub-prime collapse, most of the labour govt, etc etc.

/rant ;)

We all know that Hicks is willing to sell his shares no matter what the t*** says. We also know that he's given an outrageous value for his shares to DIC. This is all being done on purpose, IMO. Hicks is in need of a lot of hard cash knowing that he'll have trouble re-financing a lot of his American deals. He knows he only has 6 weeks left before DIC seal a deal with Gillette so he's doing all he can to gain negative attention so that DIC offer up the cash he wants to get him out faster. He might be a complete idiot but he's no slouch businessman. He wants to get paid and will drag the club through the mud to be offered the cash he wants and then walk.