By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Arsenal

I dunno. He was going to go anyway, and the cost doesn't hurt chelsea, so I would prefer he go as cheap as possible so as not to strengthen Arsenal.

Makes sense to me that

I dunno. He was going to go anyway, and the cost doesn't hurt chelsea, so I would prefer he go as cheap as possible so as not to strengthen Arsenal.

I know what you mean, but I don't think I'd begrudge Arsenal the chance to screw Cole over whilst shafting Chelsea at the same time.

Chelsea & Arsenal open Cole talks

Arsenal have admitted to holding talks with Chelsea about the sale of Gunners defender Ashley Cole.

The 25-year-old signed a contract extension with Arsenal last summer but the links with Chelsea have continued.

And Arsenal vice chairman David Dein said: "As we speak now he is an Arsenal player and until you hear otherwise he is an Arsenal player. "We have had a couple of very civil conversations with Chelsea and there is nothing else to say on that."

link

Edited by galés rojo

In a market where Carrick goes for £18million, seems only fair to ask for £25million for Cole.

He is much more experienced in Europe and a proven international.

Chavs have probably promised them Wayne Bridge if they don't bid. :D

and then cue Fat Freddie sucking Kenyon's c*ck, live on Sky 408, like he wanted to do, when his grovelling went into hyperdrive, when they signed Duff

Edited by floyd

According to the Mirror and Telegraph, the asking price has now allegedly gone up to £30m.

According to the Arsenal fan I know from another forum, there is a supposed to be a £16m buy out clause in Cole's contract with the specific exception of Chelsea who have to bid £30m! This is being touted round Arsenal fora apparently; if true it's a wonderful piece of business by them tho' I have to say I'm a little sceptical since the price quoted for the rentboys seems to fluctuate upwards. On the other hand it would appear likely that there is a "Chelsea "clause in there somewhere that means they can't get him for £16m.

You'd think they'd buy an out and out centre-forward and a couple of defenders?

Think they're under threat for 4th next year.

We talking 'Arsenal' still 'ere? How many forwards they need! Henry will carry 'em there still, as he has for years. The rest of their forwards are just a support act, which is just as well, cos they don't get many goals between 'em. But they don't need it with him.

I think they'll do really well next year. Just get the feeling that they are being underestimated, and will come back strongly from what was a poor season. Last season, the first half of it - they struggled, cos they didn't get another central midfilder in, and it took months for Fabregas to really get going. Not his fault like, he's a kid, he should have had some help, and had too much pressure put upon him. But a year on, I reckon they can get back up there.

We talking 'Arsenal' still 'ere? How many forwards they need! Henry will carry 'em there still, as he has for years. The rest of their forwards are just a support act, which is just as well, cos they don't get many goals between 'em. But they don't need it with him.

I think they'll do really well next year. Just get the feeling that they are being underestimated, and will come back strongly from what was a poor season. Last season, the first half of it - they struggled, cos they didn't get another central midfilder in, and it took months for Fabregas to really get going. Not his fault like, he's a kid, he should have had some help, and had too much pressure put upon him. But a year on, I reckon they can get back up there.

They have no proper centre-forward though. Henry is the complete forward but he drifts everywhere.

They've nowt at the back. Senderos/Djourou aren't really ready but Toure is classy.

Aye, yer right, they need another defender for sure! But I can only pressume that they will buy another central defender before the transfer window closes.

Senderos if out injured for a bit isn't he? So they would defo need cover there. Although they do have Cygan ;)

Dont think strikers are that much of a problem tho, cos of Henry - it just allows him to do what he does, and it works for them. It has done for a good while. Funny thing 'bout Arsenal is, that for all the hype regards Wenger and transfers - since Henry, he's not really bought many a striker that you could say is real class. Maybe Van Persil can be the closest to that. But when you have henry, you can get away with that, thats how good he is. Does the job of two or three forwards.