Sign in to follow this  
New York Red

Stadium Expansion

It’s wide enough (just) but 4m too short. If it’s enough of an issue, you’d think it could be sorted when they redo the Anny Road

You’d think a longer pitch would suit our style of play better

I heard a rumour that the tunnel is slightly beyond the half way line to future proof because the pitch size will be increased further down the line and will at some point line up with the halfway line.. Dunno if thats true

I heard a rumour that the tunnel is slightly beyond the half way line to future proof because the pitch size will be increased further down the line and will at some point line up with the halfway line.. Dunno if thats true

Certainly makes sense. Just realised it will make it even harder for me to see what’s what in the anny road kemlyn corner but never mind.

I've always wondered why the home dressing room is not on the Kop side of the player tunnel.

Talking of the tunnel, I noticed them walking out before the start of a match recently, and you could see Mo looking longingly up at the This Is Anfield sign.

He's just dying to touch it.

Talking of the tunnel, I noticed them walking out before the start of a match recently, and you could see Mo looking longingly up at the This Is Anfield sign.

good job we never signed Pickford

Why doesn't he touch it?

Why doesn't he touch it?

Weren't they told not to by Klopp until they earned the right, and he said the same even after winning the Champions League last season? The man is a master of psychology.

There's not a chance they'd give the final to a stadium in the north and even if they did it'd be Old Trafford. A World Cup bid could be a way to get someone else pay for the transport links though.

Old Trafford is badly in need of a huge renovation now. I've been recently and the place is a dump. Glazers certainly wouldn't pay for it and i can't see the FA paying for it when when Wembley is purpose built for such things and has so many more corporate seats.

Weren't they told not to by Klopp until they earned the right, and he said the same even after winning the Champions League last season? The man is a master of psychology.

Adrian tweeted a great pic of him holding his son up to it a couple of weeks back. Top bloke, but not sure if he touched it himself. Haven't seen anyone touch it in those great Inside Anfield youtube vids that come out after every match, tbh, so maybe still barred

(FWIW, the bit in the Inside Anfield from last season's Arsenal game - Salah's full-pitch breakaway goal, shot entirely from a camera in the tunnel - is just about my all-time favourite goal clip. Should be set to the Benny Hill tune. No idea how to post it here, though)

I still recall that Wales-Scotland game back in the day. One of the best Anfield nights ever for atmosphere.

Why wouldn't we want international games played at Anfield?

Grew up near the ground and the school got closed early as the swarms of Scottish were arriving early. Was like the circus came to town on Robson St that afternoon. Joyous memories of tufty haired loons in faded denim making themselves at home on every patch of grass and pub pavement.

f*** off England.

Good! Whenever the Ireland v France WC play-off was played at Anfield, I feared it was going to become the norm of having internationals there.

Wasnt played at anfield. Ireland v holland was back in the mid 90s. Anfield was rocking that night

Grew up near the ground and the school got closed early as the swarms of Scottish were arriving early. Was like the circus came to town on Robson St that afternoon. Joyous memories of tufty haired loons in faded denim making themselves at home on every patch of grass and pub pavement.

f*** off England.

Also remember some be-wigged St Etienne fans found their way into the playground and had a little singsong in 1977.

Major Lester.

Fuzzy memories, but I seem to recall all the pubs being shut. The Scottish fans hid their booze inside the teddy bears they were carrying.

That makes a ton of sense.

I touched it before the Newcastle match. I think that won it for us.

Really? Stop being so soft Mo. What’s the gaffer gonna do?

Also remember some be-wigged St Etienne fans found their way into the playground and had a little singsong in 1977.

Major Lester.

Ha!

A name of which we’re proud

Adrian tweeted a great pic of him holding his son up to it a couple of weeks back. Top bloke, but not sure if he touched it himself. Haven't seen anyone touch it in those great Inside Anfield youtube vids that come out after every match, tbh, so maybe still barred

(FWIW, the bit in the Inside Anfield from last season's Arsenal game - Salah's full-pitch breakaway goal, shot entirely from a camera in the tunnel - is just about my all-time favourite goal clip. Should be set to the Benny Hill tune. No idea how to post it here, though)

Trent and Robbo touch it on the way out 100%, seen them on the vids

FWIW, the bit in the Inside Anfield from last season's Arsenal game - Salah's full-pitch breakaway goal, shot entirely from a camera in the tunnel - is just about my all-time favourite goal clip. Should be set to the Benny Hill tune. No idea how to post it here, though

Whilst we've conjured up some awful defending at times, that goal still sticks out in my mind as being something else. How Bellerin can be Arsenal's last defender about 25 yards inside the Liverpool half and think he can take a touch on it as players charge him down is mad.

Hah - I'd forgotten about that. This should do it (7:42 onwards if the link doesn't work properly)

https://youtu.be/T70vGyWru4c?t=462

Was two seasons ago BTW

Edited by Gethin