Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

The FIFA Election

209, Mr Numbers :yes:

i was being approximate

The first round requires a two-thirds majority for a winner. The 2nd round just requires a simple majority. It makes more sense if there's more than 2 candidates I suppose. But who knows; maybe everyone will change their vote now!

and there's time for more dirt to come out that may change some minds.

NB - 3 spoiled votes before anyone wants to try to pick up on my figs that 133 + 73 doesn't equal 209

This is like Thatcher in Nov '90

Maybe someone will persuade the old crook to step down?

Edited by Cobs

Prince Abooboo has pulled out

Blatter waffling on about beach soccer and U-17 competitions - like, wtf ?!

Edited by Earl Hafler

Why the f*** did Prince Ali (insert song from Aladdin) withdraw?

And will UEFA now actually act on the supposed threat of withdrawing (or whatever it was) from FIFA?

And will UEFA now actually act on the supposed threat of withdrawing (or whatever it was) from FIFA?

Do you think people will suddenly change their votes?

Apparently Spain and France voted for Sepp, so i doubt it

Edited by Sion

The conclusion I come to is that the whole lot of them are rotten, and Blatter can take them down with him. Weird that Ali looked ready for a scrap and then pulled out at the last minute, but maybe he thought he was safe until Blatter revealed his hand.

Apparently Spain and France voted for Sepp, so i doubt it

Platini can't even influence his own country's fa!

UEFA needs to grow a set. At the next meeting around the Champions League final they need to pull out of the World Cup. It is a massive ace up their sleeve that they need to play. You'd see some action then I promise you.

FIFA is structurally set up for corruption. One country, one vote is ridiculous. It needs to be set up proportionately based on the importance and success of football countries. The idea that a country like Brazil or Germany has as much say as Tahiti or San Marino is absolutely mad.

Edited by New York Red

UEFA needs to grow a set. At the next meeting around the Champions League final they need to pull out of the World Cup. It is a massive ace up their sleeve that they need to play. You'd see some action then I promise you.

FIFA is structurally set up for corruption. One country, one vote is ridiculous. It needs to be set up proportionately based on the importance and success of football countries. The idea that a country like Brazil or Germany has as much say as Tahiti or San Marino is absolutely mad.

FIFA is only as strong as its members.

It's a piss easy play for UEFA - albeit risky if no-one goes with you - to go it alone. A UEFA-founded 'new FIFA' World Cup with (say) 70% of the power of footballing nations in it - i.e. most of Europe & Argentina, Brasil, Uruguay + some others (probably a lot more than 70% there) - is as glamorous as the current WC. The WC is about who's in it not who governs it

FIFA is only as strong as its members.

It's a piss easy play for UEFA - albeit risky if no-one goes with you - to go it alone. A UEFA-founded 'new FIFA' World Cup with (say) 70% of the power of footballing nations in it - i.e. most of Europe & Argentina, Brasil, Uruguay + some others (probably a lot more than 70% there) - is as glamorous as the current WC. The WC is about who's in it not who governs it

Exactly. They need to call their bluff. They need to smash FIFA into irrelevance. The top 50 football nations in the world need to break off and let the remaining 150 sort out how they want to be integrated. It wouldn't affect the WC much at all.

Enough of this ridiculous FIFA bulls*t. It's the most corrupt organization imaginable and there are way to blow it all up.