Hillsborough

The re-run of the service on LFC.TV ... anyone know where to get a recording of the (choir) YNWA version they use at the start?

I was checking out versions of this recently, I'll check the re run when I get home and let you know if I found it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday was my first game at Anfield. It was boss but the service yesterday was on another level altogether. Cried my eyes out at many times during it. I got to give me JFT 96 tee (had made one back in india that I'd wear into work every year on this day) to her, which was brilliant as I'd never imagined I'd get to give that to her directly...

Really hope we get justice soon.

Just watch the espn 30for30 program. for obvious reasons it can't be discussed here yet. I'd just like to point out that it was very well done, a very tough watch and its quite remarkable that Hillsborough was a two hour program in prime time - unheard of in the past.

If you get the chance then its worth a watch - but it won't be easy.

Very well done and eye opening.

Edited by RP

Very well done and eye opening.

I have friends over here who watched the ESPN program. They were shocked at some of the stuff it portrayed, and very moved by the tenacity of those who kept the fight for justice going for so long in the face of so much adversity.

Edited by RP

I have friends over here who watched the ESPN program. They were shocked at some of the stuff it portrayed, and very moved by the tenacity of those who kept the fight for justice going for so long in the face of so much adversity.

I went to the screening of it with a friend. Never seen him cry before, but he was balling throughout.

ESPN do make some fantastic documentaries. So pleased they decided to do this.

its a good documentary, very tough to watch.

I read the reaction to people viewing it in america. People with very little knowledge of the game. They got it, they understood, which pleases me no end, not that their opinion matters but because only a few years ago some pathetic shock jock in the us (i wont say the c**** name) was trying to stick the knife in and spread lies for no other reason that our team beat his team.

This documentary really emphasis the origin of the lie, how it started, where it started, how it evolved, and how much of a stain its been.

I hope in a year or two when the inquests are over, and any other cases, they or someone does another documentary, tells the story from start to finish. Bury the lies once and for all.

but because only a few years ago some pathetic shock jock in the us (i wont say the c**** name) was trying to stick the knife in and spread lies for no other reason that our team beat his team.

that's not true. he did he as an English Chelsea fan because a) he's a c*** and b) it boosted the ratings on his tv show and radio show. he always tried to direct things to the radio because he owned the rights to that.

F*ck me, that was difficult. But very good.

I spoke to one of the families last week - one of those who was on that documentary. Their stories are just astounding. [Edit: deleted, realised I'd overstepped the mark in terms of saying too much. JFT96]

Edited by RP

The government says it is making "urgent inquiries" into reports Whitehall computers were used to make insulting comments about the Hillsborough disaster.

The Liverpool Echo reported that changes were made to Wikipedia entries about the tragedy.

Comments were posted from computers on Whitehall's secure intranet, it said.

The Cabinet Office said the claims were being treated with "the utmost seriousness".

"We thank the Liverpool Echo for bringing this to our attention," a spokesman said.

"No one should be in any doubt of the government's position regarding the Hillsborough disaster and its support for the families of the 96 victims and all those affected by the tragedy."

'Appropriate action' call

Steve Kelly, who lost his 38-year-old brother Michael at Hillsborough, said: "After all these years it's disgusting that people are still trying to put the knife into the families - we're good people.

"We've tried to maintain our dignity and people are still doing this sort of thing."

Sheila Coleman, spokeswoman for the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, said they will be talking to their legal team about "how to proceed".

"Clearly we'll be calling for an enquiry - we'll expect those responsible to be identified and appropriate action taken," she added.

The Liverpool football fans died after a crush at the FA Cup semi-final in April 1989.

New inquests, set to last a year, were ordered after new evidence revealed by the Hillsborough Independent Panel led to the original inquest verdicts being quashed.