By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Sebastian Coates

baja the hut

Has to start in my opinion.

Carra's time is up for the first team.

I don't see how he isn't more ready than say a Henderson who had a lot of starts. Best young player at the Copa, you just know if he doesn't start here, he will go to a Real or Barca and soon become one the best players ever

Carra's continued inclusion is becoming a joke. The minute he came back our defence has gone to peices. Personally I think given his longevity and being a local lad he has been given opportunities anyone else of his current ability would have been given. I have felt for years Managers have played him in fear of the feedback the fans may have given. Now I feel the fans are the complete opposite and probably feel he should be nowhere near the team. Let's face it, he's slow, panics way too much, a poor ditributor of the ball and his positioning is woeful. Why he starts over a promising young player at this point has become baffling other than the fact Kenny

a. Doesn't feel comfortable with Coates

b, Doesn't have the balls to play Coates ahead of Carragher on a consistant basis (as he did Agger/Skrtel)

The handling of him has been an utter joke, in all honesty.

Fair enough we haven't had European football, but the Agger injury is exactly why we should have ensured that Coates got as much play time as possible this season.

Now we are in a situation where the manager doesn't have the confidence, we have to assume, to start an international player of huge promise in a team missing its first choice CB, and instead plays someone who's clearly finished.

Kenny has rotated his team atrociously this season, IMO.

Stick him in now. Nothing to bloody lose.

Biggest concern to me is the reasons Carra is playing. He clearly shouldn't be - the lad has been a tremendous servant, but he's clearly gone and his effect on the defence now is to turn it into a shambles.

But why is Kenny playing him? Its an absolute no brainer that our young, talented (and international experienced, not like he's a totally raw kid) should be getting experience, and improving the side by being in. Carra seemed pretty unhappy at not playing which is understandable, but is Kenny playing him just to keep him happy?

There is no other explanation really.

I actually liked the team yesterday apart from Carragher - glad to see Shelvey get a go. But no Coates is reflecting really badly on Kenny's authority to me, I can't believe he is picking Carra on form. Doesn't change my opinion he should get another season but it's my biggest complaint with current selection policy.

We've seen Carra become a disruptive and possibly divisive force last time he wasn't being consistently picked, I'm concerned he may damage his legacy here by doing the same again. You only need to look at his reaction to that Sky Sports guy after the CC final - he doesn't think he's finished. Problem is, he is.

Edited by Leo No.8

The only reason I think why Kenny sticks with Carra is because he has to use Flannagan on RB, and Kenny wants Carra to support Flanno with his experience. Can't really see any ohter reason. Why he isn't just sticking Skrtel on right CB and Coates as left CB is a mystery - Flanno would then still have a senior CB at his side.

The only reason I think why Kenny sticks with Carra is because he has to use Flannagan on RB, and Kenny wants Carra to support Flanno with his experience. Can't really see any ohter reason. Why he isn't just sticking Skrtel on right CB and Coates as left CB is a mystery - Flanno would then still have a senior CB at his side.

Wasn't Skrtel playing on the right yesterday even with Carragher in?

Wasn't Skrtel playing on the right yesterday even with Carragher in?

Was he? I'm totally numb watching us these days, so I don't remember.

Then it's an even bigger mystery why Kenny sticks with Carra.

Edited by Beardsley

I think playing Carra is just another pointer to how much Kenny is struggling. Happens a lot when managers are doing badly and in the final throes of trying to get back on track. Stick to what they know and become rigid, even when it constantly fails. He may think Carra is safer and he could do without the perceived risk of playing Coates in addition to the myriad of other problems he has.

Still a shocking decision though.

Has to start in my opinion.

Carra's time is up for the first team.

I don't see how he isn't more ready than say a Henderson who had a lot of starts. Best young player at the Copa, you just know if he doesn't start here, he will go to a Real or Barca and soon become one the best players ever

Coates is the new Pique.

Interesting stat.

Liverpool's games/ goals conceded performance in the Premier League up until the end of February (ie before Agger got injured): Played 25 Conceded 23*

Since Agger got injured - Played 6 Conceded 10.

*I should point out the games pre the end of Feb may or may not have included Agger.