By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Do we want Rafa back?

Elm0

519 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not that bothered about proven.

Young and dynamic would be exciting, build a proper project.

It's a bit harsh to not apply young and dynamic to Rafa.

And there's a worry with Klopp, Villas Boas et al that they're too young and inexperienced to handle this job. Not worrying about people proving themselves is what got us Hodgson.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

What have the others won? I can see the case for them, but not before there's a stronger case for Rafa. Swap Rafa's name with Capello - would you still struggle to favour Capello? or Mourinho?

Its not always about proven. But in the case of all 3 of them I mentioned they've either won a top European league or are about to.

They're young, exciting managers with potential.

Plus, they have cool names.

Why?

What have the others won? I can see the case for them, but not before there's a stronger case for Rafa. Swap Rafa's name with Capello - would you still struggle to favour Capello? or Mourinho?

I'd have Capello or Loui Van Gaal as they are proven winners, hiring the ones Sion will be a bigger gamble than hiring Rafa back (although Deschamp seems to have done well at more than one club)

Coyle?

Hadn't considered him before, but yes.

It's a bit harsh to not apply young and dynamic to Rafa.

And there's a worry with Klopp, Villas Boas et al that they're too young and inexperienced to handle this job. Not worrying about people proving themselves is what got us Hodgson.

Who said I wasn't?

I don't want Rafa because, basically, he had his chance and it didn't end well for anyone. Let's move on.

But if its Rafa or Klopp, Rafa or Mr Boas, Rafa or Deschamps. Then i'd struggle to favour Rafa.

Maybe with Boas but not sure about Deschamps tbh. Klopp is having a great season so far but he is total unknown for me could be another Ramos

Get Rafa back on a 18 month contract, give him some money for January to clear up Roy's mess and stamp his mark on the squad again then back him in the summer and see what happens.

With Roy in charge we are aiming at 8th. With Rafa in charge we are aiming at 4th.

If it really does go t*** up he's not on a long deal and we can all move on with our 'told you so's' or 'it was wrong'.

Say what you want about Rafa but the endless s*** he had to put up with here was ridiculous and the media assault of him bordered the ridiculous and the guy STILL loves Liverpool Football Club and would walk over hot coals to manage the club. No other manager in the world would have that same desire or the same support from the fans. It gives NESV a dynamique, proven manager with great support to kick start their project and it removes the old lesbian we have now.

Who said I wasn't?

I don't want Rafa because, basically, he had his chance and it didn't end well for anyone. Let's move on.

It's pretty clear you weren't referring to Rafa there, you were talking about new managers. It doesn't matter, but I think there is a element of Emperor's New Clothes with some of these new managers. They sound exciting, they're young, they're a bit nuts. Deschamps is a bit different, he has a track record in a few leagues. He also has a track record in falling out with management though.

Rafa had a serious chance in 3/5 years he was here. We're talking about giving a new young manager 5 years. I'd bet on Rafa more than I would a new man like Klopp. Are we honestly saying we have more faith in Coyle to win the league for us than Rafa? I think that's nuts.

Win %

Rafa Benítez

League – Played 212, won 56.13% (currently 2nd-highest % for any post-war Liverpool manager)

Europe – Played 77, won 55.84% (currently 3rd-highest % for any Liverpool manager)

Gerard Houllier

League – Played 216, won 50.00%

Europe – Played 52 , won 50.00%

Roy Evans

League – Played 172, won 48.26%

Europe – Played 16 8, won 50.00%

Graeme Sounes

League – Played 115, won 40.87%

Europe – Played 12 6, won 50.00%

Kenny Dalglish

League – Played 224, won 60.71%

Joe Fagan

League – Played 84, won 52.38%

Europe – Played 19 , won 68.42%

Bob Paisley

League – Played 378, won 56.08%

Europe – Played 61 , won 63.93%

Bill Shankly

League – Played 609, won 52.38%

Europe – Played 65 , won 52.31%

Thats that then, appoint Kenny.

I wonder if Rafa was only that insistent on total control because of the f*ckwits in charge.

I'm sure that had much to do with it but I also think he's a bit of a control freak and Paco was a good influence on him.

I keep thinking how strange that in the midst of this crisis with Hodgson f*cking us up by the minute and looking on the verge of the boot that Rafa suddenly appears on the radar creating problems for himself which will likely see him become available, it's hard to swallow that this is coincidence?

-Edit- It probably is and it's just me wishful thinking, surely we couldn't get that lucky, but can you imagine the lift he would give us all, a smiling Rafa at the PC with Big John and his cheque book (Not to mention the joy of listening to the old lesbian whinging to his mates in the press).

Edited by Murphman

-Edit- It probably is and it's just me wishful thinking, surely we couldn't get that lucky, but can you imagine the lift he would give us all, a smiling Rafa at the PC with Big John and his cheque book (Not to mention the joy of loistening to the old lesbian whinging to his mates in the press).

And Pako sat next to him?

It's pretty clear you weren't referring to Rafa there, you were talking about new managers. It doesn't matter, but I think there is a element of Emperor's New Clothes with some of these new managers. They sound exciting, they're young, they're a bit nuts. Deschamps is a bit different, he has a track record in a few leagues. He also has a track record in falling out with management though.

Rafa had a serious chance in 3/5 years he was here. We're talking about giving a new young manager 5 years. I'd bet on Rafa more than I would a new man like Klopp. Are we honestly saying we have more faith in Coyle to win the league for us than Rafa? I think that's nuts.

Unfortunately I have no faith in Rafa being successful managing us anymore.

Who said I wasn't?

Last season, he had those two feckers to deal with, that t*** Purslow, and spoiled senior players with too much gob - yeah, big fat fair chance that was. People have short memories - how often did we qualify for the Champions League in the years prior to Rafa arriving, eh?

We're currently burdened with the sorry piece of s*** that is RFH, and people are slating Rafa? Hahaha, what a fecking joke!

Kenny's been out the game way too long, and failed at Newcaste, his last job.

We'll find some role for him though.

That's really f***ing magnanimous of us eh

by the way he took over Newcastle in 4th and got them to 2nd he then took them to the final of the FA cup the year after despite a pretty terrible league campaign notable for Shearers absence for most of it and he rebuilt the academy, hardly the failure you suggest.

Last season, he had those two feckers to deal with, that t*** Purslow, and spoiled senior players with too much gob - yeah, big fat fair chance that was. People have short memories - how often did we qualify for the Champions League in the years prior to Rafa arriving, eh?

We're currently burdened with the sorry piece of s*** that is RFH, and people are slating Rafa? Hahaha, what a fecking joke!

Is right.

I'd sack hodgebogs and give Montse the job, but that's just me.

The media in this country wouldn't know what to do with themselves. There would be outrage on an unparalleled scale. And imagine how the LMA would react if, already reeling from the tragic removal of Allardyce, they then had to suffer seeing their manager of the year replaced by their public enemy number 1?

Edited by Mooster

The media in this country wouldn't know what to do with themselves. There would be outrage on an unparalleled scale. And imagine how the LMA would react if, already reeling from the tragic removal of Allardyce, they then had to suffer seeing their manager of the year replaced by their public enemy number 1?

Talking of which, is Allardyce near constant interviews and bigging himself up pissing anyone else off?