By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Fernando Torres

Gravy

So what exactly is wrong with Torres do we think. I can't believe it's just a bad patch of form or confidence. The best striker in the world surely doesn't have patches like this? It just seems like something else is going on and before you all call me a doom monger I am not just talking about whether he wants to leave or not. He just doesn't look happy/right in himself does he.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't go in for all this over analyisis of every tick of body language, but he looks miserable.

Think he's disillusioned with the club and he's clearly not enjoying playing under this manager.

Add to that, a lack of confidence and less than full fitness and we are left with a shadow of the real player.

What worries me more is he barely seems to interact with his teammates lately. Only Pepe and maxi.

I think Mr Henry has it all to do to convince him to stay - starting with a better manager.

Of course he's pissed off. He left his home town club in order to go and play in the Champions League and win things. And he's gone f***ing backwards.

He left a club where all the pressure was on his shoulders, and has landed back in the same situation, only moreso.

Throw in a s*** manager and s*** tactics, the media on his back, and a series of injuries, and what do you f***ing expect?

And yet, he's still the one scoring winners and setting up goals.

I agree that it's odd. Not that he's playing badly in itself but his touch, his awareness of team mates and his passing were remarkably bad.

Is it just me or does he hardly even bother properly competing for "long passes" at this stage? If I had to offer a theory inspired by body language etc, my guess is that he is fed up of too much of the service he's getting being this kind of ball. And he was pissed about it last year under Rafa too, I would add.

Was heartening to see his reaction to the goal, though.

He's getting played for 90 minutes, that wouldn't be happening if he wasn't medically sound.

A rising tide would do a lot to lift his boat but he's playing very badly.

All seems a bit within himself.

Reminds me of Owen.

this

He's never had the greatest first touch anyway but you could see the hesitancy from the off yesterday, and with the extra touch he took when he ran through on goal. I noticed him blowing hard from about 60 minutes on too. If we're wrong and he's questioning his future, fine, but I think a few more games will see him back to his peak.

I mentioned in another thread that I was worried about the loss of pace, he was giving up or not taking people on several times yesterday - hopefully its more psychological following his injuries but didnt look a happy bunny

I think I need to give him a hug :mischief:

And last season?

Disillusioned with the club and ownership. And had even worse fitness woes.

Still scored when he played last year though.

The tactics this year are isolating him even more.

Agree with others though - once he bangs a few in i'm sure he'll be happier.

Of course he's pissed off. He left his home town club in order to go and play in the Champions League and win things. And he's gone f***ing backwards.

He left a club where all the pressure was on his shoulders, and has landed back in the same situation, only moreso.

Throw in a s*** manager and s*** tactics, the media on his back, and a series of injuries, and what do you f***ing expect?

And yet, he's still the one scoring winners and setting up goals.

I agree with all of that. He joined a club that had just reached 2 of the past 3 CL finals. How far away does that seem now?

He sure as hell won't be talked into staying next season and will look back on his time here as 4 years of his career wasted.