By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Maxi Rodriguez

Clay Davis

We're not playing in a manner which will get the best out of him.

Even so, a good player should still be able to make an impact. He can score a bit, but won't get as many as Dirk. He doesn't beat his man, doesn't put any crosses in, doesn't have any long shots and doesn't really get any assists. It can be all very neat and tidy at times but theres no directness or impetus about him. Can we afford to have such a luxury in the team as a 'smart' player who can be pretty good every once in a while?

first six months after he arrived maxi was ace. intelligent player who linked defence and attack and who had a good relationship with torres. he like pretty much everything about the club has gone backwards in the last year or so. he's still a smart footballer.

He's only been here 8 months hasn't he?

What a let down. What is he?

I'm not Dirks biggest fan but at least I know what he brings to the side. Maxi doesn't seem to bring anything other than having a good touch from time to time.

I think he's awful. Clearly intelligent, and you can see how he might have been a player once, but he looks like a veteran guesting in a testimonial, and he's not that old. In a really strong side I think you could afford to bring him in occasionally and he'd provide some nice balance, but just right now he looks a waste of time.

I think he's awful. Clearly intelligent, and you can see how he might have been a player once, but he looks like a veteran guesting in a testimonial, and he's not that old. In a really strong side I think you could afford to bring him in occasionally and he'd provide some nice balance, but just right now he looks a waste of time.

Totally agree with this. He looks on his last legs.

We're not playing in a manner which will get the best out of him.

good buy then, since we've been playing this system a couple of years.

first six months after he arrived maxi was ace. intelligent player who linked defence and attack and who had a good relationship with torres. he like pretty much everything about the club has gone backwards in the last year or so. he's still a smart footballer.

I've must of missed this, i think he's been average in all but a handful of games, not seen much in creativity from him.

His game centres around pass and move, one-twos and passing patterns. He's spending his time chugging up and down the right wing trying to get near Torres and then trying to get back into position about three yards ahead of Johnson. He lacks the ability to dribble effectively, so unless we're going to play further forward and build attacking plays in their half then we're not going to see the best of him.

Harsh, but perhaps fair. :D

His game centres around pass and move, one-twos and passing patterns. He's spending his time chugging up and down the right wing trying to get near Torres and then trying to get back into position about three yards ahead of Johnson. He lacks the ability to dribble effectively, so unless we're going to play further forward and build attacking plays in their half then we're not going to see the best of him.

This. People seem to be annoyed by the fact he's not a flying winger or a trickster, but he's never been either of those.