By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Scolari and Ferguson are utterly clueless

Scolari - same old telegraphed subs, Deco untouchable, treating Drogba like a piece of scum.

Ferguson - Tevez scored 4 and got dropped!!!! Who does this man think he is treating players like that? And get this, yesterday they were trying to win a game and he took of a striker and put on a midfielder, a disgraceful defensive subsitution.

Dont get me started on Wenger.

Tevez played like a demi-God against Blackburn and was put back on the bench immediately. He should sell him in January because he clearly doesn't rate him.

And quite right. The world and his wife could see that Deco was having a 'mare, yet he takes off Ballack? The man has lost the plot.

All jokes aside, where does this "if you're down/drawing, throwing on a striker is the best way to win a game" s*** come from?

Football pundits who plied their trade as players between the 70s and early 90s, when 90% of football tactics in this country amounted to "GET IT IN THE BOX". More strikers in said box, more chances of scoring goals goes the theory to these highly enlightened minds. Maybe teams should start fielding 10 strikers and a goalkeeper to just whack it forward all game. Bloody brilliant, this tactics lark.

Edited by hisdumbwaiter

Ferguson - Tevez scored 4 and got dropped!!!! Who does this man think he is treating players like that? And get this, yesterday they were trying to win a game and he took of a striker and put on a midfielder, a disgraceful defensive subsitution.

I said before the season started Ferguson was extremely limited in his tactical knowledge and ability and that he would revert to 4 4 2 like a flash. Most folks dismissed it but we are seeing evidence of it. The majority of their success for the last half dozen years was based on Quieroz coaching and tactical ability.

The interesting thing, for me, is that the (outstanding) squad they have assembled was undoubtedly put together with Queiroz's guidance - Anderson and Nani thrived under the 4 3 3 of last year, but don't produce nearly as well in 4 4 2. Yesterday, for example, they were poor until Taggart brought Scholes and Giggs on from the bench in the 69th minute (surely their last season ?).

I'm not saying they are finished and they still have a very strong squad. But I'm certain they are missing Queiroz massively, as they did last time he left for the Real job.

Tevez played like a demi-God against Blackburn and was put back on the bench immediately. He should sell him in January because he clearly doesn't rate him.

And quite right. The world and his wife could see that Deco was having a 'mare, yet he takes off Ballack? The man has lost the plot.

When did he buy Tevez?

I said before the season started Ferguson was extremely limited in his tactical knowledge and ability and that he would revert to 4 4 2 like a flash. Most folks dismissed it but we are seeing evidence of it. The majority of their success for the last half dozen years was based on Quieroz coaching and tactical ability.

The interesting thing, for me, is that the (outstanding) squad they have assembled was undoubtedly put together with Queiroz's guidance - Anderson and Nani thrived under the 4 3 3 of last year, but don't produce nearly as well in 4 4 2. Yesterday, for example, they were poor until Taggart brought Scholes and Giggs on from the bench in the 69th minute (surely their last season ?).

I'm not saying they are finished and they still have a very strong squad. But I'm certain they are missing Queiroz massively, as they did last time he left for the Real job.

really?

They certainly played a lot better in that formation than they are playing now. Nani can't even get a game as a sub now. Last year - 41 appearances with them winning the league and the CL. Taggart only used two subs yesterday and they/he still couldn't get a look in, with the whole of their midfield and attack being poor except their two subs.

Berbatov could prove to be a worse and more damaging signing than Veron.

Edited by Flight

More amazing that he kept Berbatov on, who has been abysmal recently. He's just too lazy for a top side.

Scored the same amount of league goals as Keane hasn't he?

Probably played just as much if not more minutes

and cost £12m more.

Yet he isn't being slated to hell

Scored the same amount of league goals as Keane hasn't he?

Probably played just as much if not more minutes

and cost £12m more.

Yet he isn't being slated to hell

i'm sure he is being slated on the neanderthal forums.

he'll never be slated by SKY as the media live in fear of saying bad things about Ferguson and his team selections.

all 4 of the managers of the big teams seem to be making some strange choices at the moment.

maybe the fear of losing is getting to them all.

Villa could benefit from all these strange results.