By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

People need to wise up about the PL this season...

alias75

This isn't a usual PL season, its not only us that have dropped points against teams we shouldn't have, everybody is doing it. In case people have missed it we are top of the league so if we are so bad what does that make everybody else?

The home record should be better but up until last week we had the best home record in the PL.

Its not only us that are doing better away from home, Chelsea, Everton and im sure a few others have also struggled more at home than away this season.

People need to forget about previous PL seasons where the top 4 hardly ever dropped points at home thats not going to happen this season.

The fact is we're top of the league and in the title race when usually at this stage of the season its already out of reach, we've lost 1 league game in about 20 odd. We've been without Torres for most of the season who obviously is our biggest goal threat.

The PL is different this season to any other i can remember with teams dropping points all over the place, we don't need the same number of points that has won previous PL titles. Yes we need to improve and we need Torres back but lets not get hysterical while we're still top of the league.

The home record should be better but up until last week we had the best home record in the PL.

Not really, this fact was slightly skewed due to us having played more games at home than any other of the top four. The Mancs have the best by a point now and still have two home games in hand.

Once again we are relying on our rivals to drop points rather than relying on ourselves to get wins. It is going to be our downfall.

Not really, this fact was slightly skewed due to us having played more games at home than any other of the top four. The Mancs have the best by a point now and still have two home games in hand.

Once again we are relying on our rivals to drop points rather than relying on ourselves to get wins. It is going to be our downfall.

Maybe but it was still up there near the top and im sure our away record is better than before so what does it matter where the points come from whether its at Anfield or away from Anfield. If our away record improves by a bigger margin than our home form suffers overall we're doing better which is what really matters.

These are games we have to be winning.

You can't keep handing your rivals a psychological boost by dropping home points.

Having said that, overall we'll be within striking distance going into the turn of the year. I'd have taken that at the start of the season.

Can't help thinking that Keane has been massively disruptive to the setupof our team so far. I don't think its the players fault particularly, its just that we had a player in Gerrard to play in that position and we had backup for himin Babel&Benayoun if he needed resting.

Maybe he'd have struck up a good partnership with Torres given time.Maybe that will be the key for us in the New Year.

Utd drawing again, think it backs up my initial point which is forget about the points needed to win the title in previous seasons, this season is like no other i can remember with teams dropping points right left and centre. Maybe not losing too many will be the key to winning the title this year, some of these points we've picked up could be pretty valuable.

I think today's result was one too many.

What do you suggest then???

Sack Rafa???

Exactly.

Used to being behind by miles by this time of the season and we are usually the strongest team in the run in, which obviously bodes well for the rest of the season....hopefully.

i can really see the mancs and chelsea building a lead now we have been relying on them to slip up after every couple of games and that wont go on forever

And yet United drew tonight?

And how about the fact that they have both been relying on us to slip up every couple of games? Your logic is flawed.

Who is to say that we are not going to be the side who goes on a run and leaves the other two behind?

At present, none of the Top 3 look like they are going to run away with the league. One of them might, but who knows? We've still got Torres to come back (fingers crossed) we tend to be good finishers so there is enough evidence to suggest that it could be us who goes on a good run and not United or Chelsea

It's frustrating, yes. But what can you do, eh?

Man Utd do have the best fixtures remaining, though, so I'd say they're the most likely.

They've already played the most difficult away games.

Hull, Wigan, Fulham, Bolton, Boro, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle, West Brom - their remaining away games.

All teams bar Hull and Wigan are currently in the bottom half of the table. :unsure:

How do we look away from home?

Edited by Jim D

i can really see the mancs and chelsea building a lead now we have been relying on them to slip up after every couple of games and that wont go on forever

Who has dropped more points at home this season, us or Chelsea?

Do the Mancs look comfortable either today or with the incredibley flukey win against Sunderland.

Should we discount a***?

This is a sound thread, long way to go.

Who has dropped more points at home this season, us or Chelsea?

Do the Mancs look comfortable either today or with the incredibley flukey win against Sunderland.

Should we discount a***?

This is a sound thread, long way to go.

Sound, sound points all. It is "majorly"* frustrating so far this season with us drawing games we would have walked away with in the past and yet we are still top and in with a superb chance. It's one for them with stomachs alright.

Forget about the others. This was the 3rd home game in a row we've drawn against inferior opposition. You can understand people's frustration.

The opposition clearly and demonstrably weren't "inferior" in any of those case though, were they? I thought Hull were excellent today and fair play to them for doing what they did. People (including me) are going to have to swally their frustration. Either that or take it out on the wind.

The opposition clearly and demonstrably weren't "inferior" in any of those case though, were they? I thought Hull were excellent today and fair play to them for doing what they did. People (including me) are going to have to swally their frustration. Either that or take it out on the wind.

Hull, West Ham and Fulham aren't inferior opposition? Do me a favour.

Sound, sound points all. It is "majorly"* frustrating so far this season with us drawing games we would have walked away with in the past and yet we are still top and in with a superb chance. It's one for them with stomachs alright.

Each point dropped is going to be painful.

It will be a painful season, not necessarily an unsuccessful one.

Edited by Redray

Hull, West Ham and Fulham aren't inferior opposition? Do me a favour.

they are considered inferirio to the big 4 by all the pundits and they are teams we should be beating.

our problem is, that without Torres, we are utterly predictable in the majority of our attacks.

every Liverpool fan knows that Kuyt is not a "lead the line" striker, and, it was plain to see he had nothing going for him today.

there are no pushovers in the PL as every so called inferior team is capable of putting together a performance to frustrate one of the better teams. we need to show a bit more intelligence in our play and we need to be putting out balanced teams when we play at home.

if Rafa did not want to start Keane, he should have at least played N'gog up front to give Kuyt some kind of chance of playing his normal game.

hopefully West Ham can shut up shop tomorrow.

Think its going to be a long frustrating but probably exciting season, normal rules regarding who beats who seem to have gone out of the window.

agree. and when did this club last do anything easy? if we can make it into a story we always do.

also agree with kamf though, think this fourth home draw to teams we should be beating will come back and bite us on the a***.

What do you suggest then???

Sack Rafa???

Exactly.

Used to being behind by miles by this time of the season and we are usually the strongest team in the run in, which obviously bodes well for the rest of the season....hopefully.

So either we sack rafa, or we say draws at home to Stoke, Hull, WHU and Fulham are ok?

Agree that it's going to be one of those seasons. The fixture list is a bit wiers as well particularly for Utd & Chelsea.

Utd have 3 games at home to us, a*** & chelsea

Chelsea have 3 away games left

Us & a*** have it a bit more balanced with 2 away and 2 home

If Utd improve significantly on their 1 pt (which you would expect them to) I reckon they are the current favourites.