By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

respect to 'boro

Stevie H

Southgate's doing a decent job there.

I think the real test for them will come when they get further into the season and play against some of the mid-table teams. Boro always raise their game agaisnt us, Chelsea, Arsenal and United. It's against the rest where they blow hot and cold.

''they didn't deserve to leave with no points''

always find this statement bizarre

it's not like we got a lucky pen

we scored 2, they scored 1, therefore they deserved nothing?

a team that tries to defend a 1-0 at anfield, and who are even more long ball than us, especially less deserving.

Edited by Sion

a team that tries to defend a 1-0 at anfield, and who are even more long ball that us, especially less deserving.

They were unfortunate. Deflected equaliser when we had created few chances and they had defended so well and had created at least one other clear cut chance.

I'd have been happy with a draw after that performance. A win is a steal

I thought both sides were decent up front, solid at the back but garbage in midfield. Boro can at least claim to not have the wages and fees to get the talent we put out there. The other half of our midfield is getting better by being away and cannot return soon enough

a team that tries to defend a 1-0 at anfield, and who are even more long ball than us, especially less deserving.

a***. they played well, they took it to us, they had their share. they left with nothing. respect and move along.

I thought both sides were decent up front, solid at the back but garbage in midfield. Boro can at least claim to not have the wages and fees to get the talent we put out there. The other half of our midfield is getting better by being away and cannot return soon enough

was never pretty but i'm really hoping that rafa is waiting for javier to come back before launching 4-2-3-1 on us. 4-4-2 will see us finish midtable.

was never pretty but i'm really hoping that rafa is waiting for javier to come back before launching 4-2-3-1 on us. 4-4-2 will see us finish midtable.

Aye, otherwise we seem incapable of passing through midfield or on the floor

Edited by Rimbeux

don't think it was that, they just came and did their jobs almost spot on. we look uninventive and for some reason, nervous. we're way better than that.

Gerrard unfit and no playing well, Xabi having a bit of a mare. I honestly think it's that simple. They're the fulcrum of our passing - if they're not right the rest won't be.

That said I do agree that we'll be better going 4-2-3-1

don't think it was that, they just came and did their jobs almost spot on. we look uninventive and for some reason, nervous. we're way better than that.

I think he'a partly right. To break down teams like that you need to double up on defenders, usually by having the fullbacks attack. Arbeloa and Dossena did too little of that and the midfield didn't support enough, either.

I f***ing detest the way we launch longballs forward from our own half in the vain hope that our forwards - who aren't known for their aerial prowess - can both get to the ball and retain possession.

Edited by Earl Hafler

so they did Steve, and they will beat more than they lose If they continue to be as well organised, but we have played 2 teams that I think will surprise a few people this season and have came away with maximum points. we deserve credit for that, not that we will get it. i think when Masch comes back we will revert to the formation that was so successful last year.

Gerrard unfit and no playing well, Xabi having a bit of a mare. I honestly think it's that simple. They're the fulcrum of our passing - if they're not right the rest won't be.

That said I do agree that we'll be better going 4-2-3-1

i think the formation thing this season is massive mate. rafa must know that gerrard can't play that deep? (yes, i know he scored the winner).

I think he'a partly right. To break down teams like that you need to double up on defenders, usually by having the fullbacks attack. Arbeloa and Dossena did too little of that and the midfield didn't support enough, either.

I f***ing detest the way we launch longballs forward from our own half in the vain hope that our forwards - who aren't known for their aerial prowess - can both get to the ball and retain possession.

difficult for them to have any impact when an opponent sits that deep and counter attacks to well. but we could use them better. in a 4-2-3-1.

so they did Steve, and they will beat more than they lose If they continue to be as well organised, but we have played 2 teams that I think will surprise a few people this season and have came away with maximum points. we deserve credit for that, not that we will get it. i think when Masch comes back we will revert to the formation that was so successful last year.

agree with first part and second part, really hope so.

i think the formation thing this season is massive mate. rafa must know that gerrard can't play that deep? (yes, i know he scored the winner).

I agree it's important that we use that formation and we'll be a much better side for it. But I think the reason we've been playing so poorly in the past few games comes down to a lack of fitness amongst some key players and our central midfielders not passing very well.

I agree it's important that we use that formation and we'll be a much better side for it. But I think the reason we've been playing so poorly in the past few games comes down to a lack of fitness amongst some key players and our central midfielders not passing very well.

Yeah, the spanish lads came back a few weeks late and Gerrard missed a couple of weeks, I expect everything to click into place just before the next international break... :banghead:

I said to one of the lads in the boozer that before the game that I'd take that Tuncay Sanli fella, he is wasted at Boro. Then he goes and nearly pulls a Bergkamp ?!?

The guy is quality and continued his form from last season into the Euro's and now the this season.

Was awesome turn but he should have scored. Either side and pepe had no chance.

anyone who doesnt think Boro were unlucky needs there heads testing

i like Southgate...he is doing a ggod job, bringing kids through and has made some good signings

I like Wheater and Downing, Mido and Tuncay are good signings imo

that turn by Tuncay was fantastic

Southgate's game plan was excellent. Allowing no space in the centre of the pitch. Our movement was poor as well as our passing.

Our lack of width contributed to our bad play. Expecyt the same on Wednesday.

Thought Carra's shot was going for the top corner anyway. Overall we were lucky.

Southgate's game plan was excellent. Allowing no space in the centre of the pitch. Our movement was poor as well as our passing.

Our lack of width contributed to our bad play. Expecyt the same on Wednesday.

Thought Carra's shot was going for the top corner anyway. Overall we were lucky.

sat right behind it

it was going just wide

Boro were unlucky purely on the basis that we were bad, not that they were anything special. Our incoherent display gave them a chance of something.

If Boro gave that same performance at Anfield later in the season when we are on decent form then I think we'd win and there would not be any dispute about 'chance'