By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Everton are in bits

No, seriously. Talking of administration etc...

Phillip Green has pulled the plug and is looking for his money back. Money they don't have.

Moyes 20/1 to be next manager to go. Allegedly he's steaming right now.

In bits both off & on the field. They've sold Carsley & Johnson and got nobody in, and no prospect of any signings either it looks like.

From today's Echo

David Moyes slams sorry Everton after Chicago defeat

Jul 31 2008 by Dominic King, Liverpool Echo

1 2 next »

DAVID MOYES pulled no punches as he delivered a damning verdict on Everton's latest defeat and needless red card for James Vaughan.

The Blues lost for the third time in five pre-season games in the early hours of the morning - this time a 2-0 defeat against Chicago Fire - and Moyes’ mood was darkened further by an awful tackle from Vaughan, for which he was rightly sent off.

His worries, though, are unlikely to be cured any time soon, as Moyes admitted Everton are still no closer to making their first signing of the summer nor does he expect a lengthy injury list to suddenly clear up.

What is concerning him most, however, is the fact that so many players are so short of the form they showed last season and Moyes has admitted it is giving him cause for concern, particularly as the new season starts in just 16 days.

“We take very few positives, only Leon Osman’s performance really,” said Moyes.

“We are a long way away from where we think we are going to be but that is due to several different circumstances.

“We are having to use some of the lads more than we’d like to but some of them are just not playing well.

Some of them are going to have to start looking at their own performances because we don’t have any competition just now.

“Maybe it is a little bit easy for them. We don’t have enough players to cope with what we have got just now. It’s a big concern.

“We can’t hide the fact that we need new players. Everybody knows it. We have to get five or six players in before the season starts.”

When asked if he could see any imminent movement in the transfer market - Sporting Lisbon’s Joao Moutinho tops the wanted list - Moyes replied: “Not at the moment, no. We are in a poor, poor situation regarding going forward.”

Poor was one of the kinder ways to describe the challenge with which Vaughan flattened Daniel Woolard in injury time and the Chicago Fire midfielder needed lengthy treatment after the 20-year-old - making his first appearance since February 9 - was banished.

“It was a terrible tackle and I have told him that,” said Moyes. “I just won’t accept the kind of tackle that he put in.

“He has apologised but he should have been apologising to the player not me.”

Edited by dorgie

Was talking to some blues who were going on about the Uefa Cup Final this coming season...it's in Istanbul...and AC Milan are in the competition...and er...well you can imagine the kind of mad gear that's going on in their heads can't you?

I was laughing so hard I almost threw up all over them.

Was talking to some blues who were going on about the Uefa Cup Final this coming season...it's in Istanbul...and AC Milan are in the competition...and er...well you can imagine the kind of mad gear that's going on in their heads can't you?

Stop, jaysus, stop it, you'll be the death of me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

Guest Silkky Skillz

Could be possible that he resigns if he doesn't get money for transfers. Hate him all you like but I think he has done a good job at Everton. I can see quite a few clubs interested in his services.

Could be possible that he resigns if he doesn't get money for transfers. Hate him all you like but I think he has done a good job at Everton. I can see quite a few clubs interested in his services.

Ferguson's new assistant?

I used to be in the 'don't want them to suffer, it's always good to have a derby'

now after their increasingly bitter attitude in recent years I hope they go out of existance - that's a bit ironic to say that, but i don't care.

Edited by Sion

Guest Silkky Skillz
I will, thanks!

:lol:

Fergusons assistant, not a bad shout if he leaves. God what a f***in combo of w*****s.

He is scum but he has said somehing that I do 100% agree with and applaud him for it.

“It was a terrible tackle and I have told him that,” said Moyes. “I just won’t accept the kind of tackle that he put in.

He is scum but he has said somehing that I do 100% agree with and applaud him for it.

"It was a terrible tackle and I have told him that," said Moyes. "I just won't accept the kind of tackle that he put in.

"He has apologised but he should have been apologising to the player not me."

yeah, was refreshing to hear that from a manager, fair play to him.

still a c*** tho...

I'll applaud him for it when we does it after a match that actually matters.