By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Euro 2008 betting thread

my first tuppence - as s**** as Austria are, the Croats are going to miss Eduardo. Opening games are always tight affairs - teams often take a point knowing that they can make ground later. I reckon there will be quite a few draws in the opening round of games.

I'm going nowhere near the group of death with my money though

Big blow for Italy losing Cannavaro - if I were to bet on the Group of Death™, it'd be Spain and Holland now.

would be quite an achievement considering spain are not even in the group

I have a feeling Romania will qualify from the group as italy/ France and holland have been known to disappoint in the past

France start tournaments slowly and if they don't beat Romania on Tuesday, they're in serious trouble.

Backed Holland to come bottom of that group as it happens cos they're defence is diabolical. Andre Ooijer at right back. Joke.

Done a small stakes fourfold on Ronaldo top PL scorer, Holland to come bottom, Portugal to win the group and Group D to have the most goals. 150/1 or something it is.

Gonna back the Swiss draw no bet on Saturday I think.

Van Nistelrooy is a great shout.

Holland are in a very hard group where goals may be a premium. I'd look at the so called easier groups. Germany are in a group with Austria, Poland and Croatia. If Gomez finds his shooting boots he could get a start on the rest. Portugal also have an easy group on paper, Czech rep are hit and miss on current form and Turkey and hosts Switzerland aren't that good. If Torres or Villa get it right with Spain then they also play against teams who are well beatable.

I've got 20 euros on Spain winning and Torres been top scorer. The same on Germany and Gomez.

Another interesting point is that the Q/F's and S/F's see Groups A and B paired together throughout and obviously group C and D. This gives Germany and Portugal an easier route to the final bar the semi they should meet in. The other half of the draw could end up with Q/F's consisting of any 4 from France/Holland/Italy/Spain/Russia.

Guest Kaizer

I have a feeling the Dutch will come last in their group, they have a s**** manager, so has France by the way, but the quality in the Dutch squad is not really there.

I had Italy down as Champions but without Cannavaro I`m not sure they will make it ast the semis if they win the group, something I now have huge doubts about.

Mario Gomez is a good bet to be top scorer, he's been brilliant the past 2 seasons in the Bundesliga, plus Germany have 2 pretty easy group games against Poland and Austria.

Nihat at 66/1 is a great outside bet.

I've staked some money on Holland to finish bottom of their group too. The other three sides in their great defences, and as pointed above, Holland's isn't all that. Plus they're playing Gio Van Bronckhorst as a holding midfielder.

I reckon Romania will be stronger than the odds imply. Still don#t think they'll go through, though.

Romania waltzed through there group, get the impression they could be very tough. France are a tough call, dripping with quality, but are they going to be a cohesive unit ? If he is first choice, Benzema at 33-1 is a great shout for top scorer. It's a Barosesque price !!!!!

would be quite an achievement considering spain are not even in the group

I have a feeling Romania will qualify from the group as italy/ France and holland have been known to disappoint in the past

:hmm:

France/Spain, whatever.

Is Benzema first choice for France? Think losing Viera is a blessing in disguise for France, assuming it'd be him and Makalele in midfield.

I Think it will be Henry and Anelka upfront!

I really hate the french team and I hope they get knocked out first round