By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

double standards notwithstanding...

couldn't resist a chuckle at the part in bold. ferguson takes a swipe at real madrid's murky history:

"Real Madrid are not the only club interested in Ronaldo. But the others are not saying so. They don't get into this nonsense.

"Calderon makes that great statement 'slavery was abolished many years ago'. Did they tell General Franco that? Give me a break.

"The simple fact is Cristiano has another four years left on his contract."

Madrid never do things with any real class, but Fegie's got some cheek complainin about tapping up.

Anyway, it's clear to see Ronaldo is busting to go to Madrid. He just doesn't want to force the issue. He'd rather go amicably.

If he stays for next season it'll more than likely be his last at United, i reckon.

From today's Fiver:

THE EVER QUOTABLE FERG

Evolve or die, the Fiver is always being told. Well, actually, it's usually told to eff off and die, but in the cut-throat world of interweb journalism, where Rebranded Website is locked in mortal combat with Rightwing Website, the new ideas need to come thick and fast. That's why for a limited time only (the next 263 words in fact) the Fiver is introducing a game show that will combine the high-end satire of those Bravo clip shows with the cheap populism of Have I Got News For You. It's called Fergie Says The Most Offensive Things, and all you have to do is figure out who Sir Alex Ferguson is insulting today.

No1: Reacting to Real Madrid sniffing around Cristiano Ronaldo's nether regions: "They think they can ride roughshod over everyone but they won't do it with us. Real Madrid have no moral issues at all. In terms of great clubs, Barcelona have far better morality than Real Madrid will ever have." [Answer: Sir Alex Ferguson is insulting the intelligence of anyone who noticed him tapping up Jaap Stam, Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Oldham's kit man.]

No2: "I read on Teletext last night; Calderon is talking, [manager Bernd] Schuster is talking. Calderon makes that great statement 'Slavery was abolished many years ago'. Did they tell Franco that? Give me a break." [Answer: Sir Alex Ferguson is insulting the entire population of Spain by invoking the name of a dictator who played a key part in a civil war that killed 500,000 people, in order to settle an argument about a midfielder with a suspect temperament during penalty shoot-outs]

No3: On whether he will make any transfers in the post season. "I just need to look at the squad and know I have enough cover for next season." [Answer: Sir Alex Ferguson is insulting anybody who knows that he'll be wrapping Louis Saha in sticky tape right now and posting him off to the first club with £5.83 to rub together.]

Fair play to him for saying it. God knows what Calderon was babbling on about with that slavery comment.

Yeah cos he has never tapped a player up in his life has he, oh apart from admitting tapping up Stam and then his media campaign to unsettle Dwight Yorke at Villa just to mention two of them. He is a hypocrite of the worst kind and has no class at all. He sums up all that is bad about the manc c***'s.

Edited by Paddy 66

don't like him but he does what all top managers do

talks out of both sides of his mouth and uses the media

rafa has started doing it this season as well - drogba comments most recent example

its not pretty and not the way sport should be played but its big business now and anything you can use to gain an advantage (plant a doubt in referee mind, warn of a club) is legitimate

don't like him but he does what all top managers do

talks out of both sides of his mouth and uses the media

rafa has started doing it this season as well - drogba comments most recent example

Lets hope Rafa's learned from his mistake, cos that was a serious misjudgment that backfired.

Yeah cos he has never tapped a player up in his life has he, oh apart from admitting tapping up Stam and then his media campaign to unsettle Dwight Yorke at Villa just to mention two of them. He is a hypocrite of the worst kind and has no class at all. He sums up all that is bad about the manc c***'s.

I wasn't even talking about tapping up. I'm not interested in Fergie and his history of tapping up players - that's already well-established. I was talking about Calderon inferring that Ronaldo would be little more than a slave if he weren't allowed to leave United. Given Madrid spent many years as a flagship of Franco's regime, forcing Di Stefano to join them ahead of Barcelona whom he'd already played a friendly for, and thus breaking Barcelona's hold on the Spanish championship and ushering in Madrid's first period of dominance... Well, you can kinda see why the slavery comment was a bit iffy.

The Mirror had a photo yesterday of a £100k Audi in the Madrid car park with a note attached to the windscreen saying "deliver to Christiano Ronaldo".

It's wrong and won't stop until point deductions are flung around. All managers do it - even Rafa. Houllier was notorious for it.