By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Voronin

psl

He's staying isn't he?

May I suggest a Voronin armistice? He's nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be on here. He did okay to star with, got injured and then came back and did okay again. If he's going to be here next year, how about giving him a clean slate?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 silky ones, eh?.. anyone any idea in how many games that was.....?

he's not good enough as a backup to Torres.. that much is clear.. i agree he's not as bad as some make out but i believe we need better in reserve if we're going to go for the league... whether we have the money to get better is another question!

6 silky ones, eh?.. anyone any idea in how many games that was.....?

he's not good enough as a backup to Torres.. that much is clear.. i agree he's not as bad as some make out but i believe we need better in reserve if we're going to go for the league... whether we have the money to get better is another question!

He got 5 in the league in 19 appearances (inclusive of 6 sub appearances)

1 in 7 in the CL (3 sub appearances)

0 in 1 sub appearance in the FA Cup

0 in 1 League Cup appearance

He's absolute gash, never looked like a footballer in his time here and God alone knows what video Rafa saw that made him want him.

We would have been better off with Mellor, and if he stays he will only block the progress of Nemeth.

I get the feeling Rafa would be happy to keep our current strike force. Not sure why, just think he rates them all highly.

I disagree. Crouch will move, Kuyt has been shifted to the wing and Voronin is terrible. I think the lack of funds will limit the changes but I dont thing he is satisfied with them - more the fact that goals are coming from a range of different sources

I'm just not sure what he does.

Crouch scores goals and holds the ball up.

Torres just does everything.

Kuyt runs everywhere,plays everywhere wins (his own) second balls and scores a few.

For other teams,even Kevin Davies puts himself about and scores a few.

Voronin,what does he do? What is he good at?

He's not quick,he's not strong,he's not got a great deal of vision,he's not a great finisher,he's not particularly fit either-he doesn't close people down.

So what is it that he does?

I get the feeling Rafa would be happy to keep our current strike force. Not sure why, just think he rates them all highly.

I think Crouchy's an excellent player, but I doubt his future is with us. It's the one thing I don't get with Rafa, what happened there with crouch, why he wouldn't use him more. Voronin isn't as s*** as people make out, but he's not fit to lace Crouchy's boots, yet seemed to be way ahead in the pecking order.

Crouch is right to move on.

I disagree. Crouch will move, Kuyt has been shifted to the wing and Voronin is terrible. I think the lack of funds will limit the changes but I dont thing he is satisfied with them - more the fact that goals are coming from a range of different sources

Crouch will move, but Rafa wants him to stay i think. He seems to ike Voronin, plays him quite a bit. We know he loves Kuyt and everyone loves Torres. If he had a chance to keep them all i get the feeling he would.

I think Crouchy's an excellent player, but I doubt his future is with us. It's the one thing I don't get with Rafa, what happened there with crouch, why he wouldn't use him more. Voronin isn't as s*** as people make out, but he's not fit to lace Crouchy's boots, yet seemed to be way ahead in the pecking order.

Crouch is right to move on.

Agree with all that

I don't think the Crouch/Torres partnership worked particularly well. Crouch's first instinct when receiving the ball to feet is to pass it back and get up the pitch to anticipate a cross. Torres is usually hanging on the shoulder of the last man, so he needs his strike partner/Gerrard to turn and face the goal and look to play him in to take advantage of his strengths.

Crouch just doesn't do that. Granted you get the odd moment where Crouch can get a flick on and Torres can run through on goal, but it's not going to happen that often.

I like Crouch as a player, but he shouldn't be in the team ahead of Torres and a striker who drops deeper and looks to link up play was better placed to be his partner when we were playing two up front - hence the selection of Kuyt and Voronin.

That's my view anyway.

Edited by MFletcher

At the start of the season everyone thought we had too many strikers and that would be a problem.

Since then we have one genuine striker in Torres, one that scores a few but can´t get a game in Crouch, one that always gets a game but more often plays at left back rather than attack in Kuyt and then we have Voronin that never seems to be more than mediocre.

Torres aside we have one decent striker in Crouch but he is soon on his way. Kuyt will stay and play in his midfield role and Voronin surely has a 2-3 year long lucrative deal which he got when he signed on a free so he is not going anywhere else unless another club can match his wages.

So now, if we let Crouchie go, we will need another striker. It is a terrible thought having Voronin up front if Torres get´s injured next season.

No?

It is a terrible thought having Voronin up front if Torres get´s injured next season.

It is a terrible thought but lets just see what the manager does first before you go looking for butter knifes or shoe laces - I'm sure he is well aware of the vacuum in the 'back-up-strikers dept' should something happen Torres.

After all, most of our poor performances before XMAS coincided with Torres being injured and Kuyt and Voronin playing alot of games together.

It is a terrible thought but lets just see what the manager does first before you go looking for butter knifes or shoe laces - I'm sure he is well aware of the vacuum in the 'back-up-strikers dept' should something happen Torres.

After all, most of our poor performances before XMAS coincided with Torres being injured and Kuyt and Voronin playing alot of games together.

Still cant get my head round that.

Edited by JV

how many games did they start together

we did beat everton away with them 2 up front

Not sure what you are getting at there but we were atrocious from about the 15th min to the 1st penalty and never looked like scoring - Voronin was right, Kuyt through the middle and Benayoun left. I would say we won inspite of their 'partnership' and not because of it.

Guest Kaizer
I'm just not sure what he does.

Crouch scores goals and holds the ball up.

Torres just does everything.

Kuyt runs everywhere,plays everywhere wins (his own) second balls and scores a few.

For other teams,even Kevin Davies puts himself about and scores a few.

Voronin,what does he do? What is he good at?

He's not quick,he's not strong,he's not got a great deal of vision,he's not a great finisher,he's not particularly fit either-he doesn't close people down.

So what is it that he does?

:wacko:

Premier League stats:

Kuyt: 32 matches - 3 goals(2 penalties)

Crouch: 21 matches - 5 goals

Voronin: 19 matches - 5 goals