By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

So then. Season 07/08

McBain

1. It was a s*** season

2. No Trophies

3. We are 4th....11 Points off the leaders

4. We got fecking mullered at Old Trafford

5. We've underachieved.

Positives

Torres

Another good run in the Champions League

Emergence of Skrtel

Fewest defeats in a League campaign since 1990

Away form

Negatives

No Title Challenge

Too many draws at Anfield (Our away record with the Mancs is virtually identical)

Gillett and Hicks

Defeat to Barnsley in the FA Cup

Edited by Jim D

Guest Rafa's Receding Hairline
1. It was a s*** season

2. No Trophies

5. We've underachieved.

Yet again.

And s*** owners who want us to sell Xabi to buy.

4 defeats and 2of those were against the mancs, not bad at all

I suspect most of us would have taken only four defeats in the league if offered at the beginning - we would have thought we would be in with a real chance of the title. unfortunately far too many draws have killed us this year.

lots of positives.

torres a revelation, got even more out of gerrard.

skrtel a great addition.

off pitch drag factor.

refusal of some fans to accept that opponents can improve too.

refusal of some fans to accept that we have no given right to win the league.

rafa needs more time.

and more money to buy more torres level players.

not a bad season, could maybe have been better if the mancs and chelsea didn't have so many good players.

Many things have happened to our club this season, some good and some bad. The turmoil behind the scenes have left a long and lasting scar on the club and it will take a long time, if ever, to rid ourselves of the humilliation caused. The ill feeling towards the owners will never go away and the sooner they realise it the better. It is time to move on and if DIC or Sheikh Mohammed himself are to take the reins then please make it so and quickly. The long and lasting after taste of last season is unpleasant to say the least.

On the pitch we have seen another workman like season from the captain and vice captain. Both of which have acredited themselves very well and the lastest word from Steves mouth of it being unlikely that he will ever leave now will help us in the long term. Reina again has the golden boot, well done lad.

There have been a number of purchases, some good and some no so good but the prize of them all has to be Torres. His first season and he starts by breaking a record. He has evrything you could want in any striker and he is without doubt one of the best in the World.

I can see a number of players leaving this season if the media actually get it right for a change. Crouch, Voronin, Riise and Kewell. I didnt include Alonso because I am desperately hoping they are wrong, if the £20M or so fee for his services is correct then Rafa would be silly not to accept. But, I will still be sorry to see him playing elsewhere.

An up and down season with nothing in the cabinet except 5 European cops and 18 championships, the mancs still cant touch us.

Roll on next season

lots of positives.

skrtel a great addition.

off pitch drag factor.

rafa needs more time.

not a bad season, could maybe have been better if the mancs and chelsea didn't have so many good players.

Is the correct answer

lots of positives.

skrtel a great addition.

off pitch drag factor.

rafa needs more time.

Could have been better if those two clowns didn't pocket 8 million just to sell to those d****eads.

Guest GrandpaSimpson
lots of positives.

skrtel a great addition.

off pitch drag factor.

refusal of some fans to accept that opponents can improve too.refusal of some fans to accept that we have no given right to win the league.

rafa needs more time.

Key point.

United will go out and buy Owen or Berbatov or probably both, Chelsea will probably spend 100m, and Arsenal well who knows.

We're getting Milner though!! :lol:

We need to back the manager with money and we can't settle for anymore Pennant/Bellamy type players as the mainstay in our team.

Guest GrandpaSimpson
Many things have happened to our club this season, some good and some bad. The turmoil behind the scenes have left a long and lasting scar on the club and it will take a long time, if ever, to rid ourselves of the humilliation caused. The ill feeling towards the owners will never go away and the sooner they realise it the better. It is time to move on and if DIC or Sheikh Mohammed himself are to take the reins then please make it so and quickly. The long and lasting after taste of last season is unpleasant to say the least.

On the pitch we have seen another workman like season from the captain and vice captain. Both of which have acredited themselves very well and the lastest word from Steves mouth of it being unlikely that he will ever leave now will help us in the long term. Reina again has the golden boot, well done lad.

There have been a number of purchases, some good and some no so good but the prize of them all has to be Torres. His first season and he starts by breaking a record. He has evrything you could want in any striker and he is without doubt one of the best in the World.

I can see a number of players leaving this season if the media actually get it right for a change. Crouch, Voronin, Riise and Kewell. I didnt include Alonso because I am desperately hoping they are wrong, if the £20M or so fee for his services is correct then Rafa would be silly not to accept. But, I will still be sorry to see him playing elsewhere.

An up and down season with nothing in the cabinet except 5 European cops and 18 championships, the mancs still cant touch us.

Roll on next season

Can I be the 2nd to say Well Done to Reina on the golden boot......

Edited by GrandpaSimpson

Key point.

United will go out and buy Owen or Berbatov or probably both, Chelsea will probably spend 100m, and Arsenal well who knows.

We're getting Milner though!! :lol:

We need to back the manager with money and we can't settle for anymore Pennant/Bellamy type players as the mainstay in our team.

Exactly.

And with the current owners, I can see us actually becoming a selling club.

Guest GrandpaSimpson
cool it, bitch

Entitled to his opinion. Better people have got banned for less.............

1. It was a s*** season

2. No Trophies

5. We've underachieved.

Its gonna be a long summer for you lad if you can't think of any positives. Still, its school holidays soon.

Its gonna be a long summer for you lad if you can't think of any positives. Still, its school holidays soon.

I genuinely can't think of any positives that can overshadow the dissapointment that has been 2007/2008.