By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Cup final 1989.

Keita

LFC TV are showing the emotional 1989 cup final tonight which is only fitting for today. I'm watching it at the moment and seeing some of the great players on view, But if you could take one player from that side and have him in our current side who would it be? and who would most improve out team. Obviously Johny Barnes is the main player buti i always liked the versatile Steve Nicol. A very underrated player.

LFC TV are showing the emotional 1989 cup final tonight which is only fitting for today. I'm watching it at the moment and seeing some of the great players on view, But if you could take one player from that side and have him in our current side who would it be? and who would most improve out team. Obviously Johny Barnes is the main player buti i always liked the versatile Steve Nicol. A very underrated player.

Who won player of the year that season.

In answer to your question, Barmes, no question.

Hansen, Barnes, Rush, Aldridge, Beardsley, Nicol, Whelan. Any of them, but I suppose it would be Barnes based on shortfalls in the current team.

Went to that game with two mates. They had tickets and I didn't, couldn't get one outside the ground for love nor money. Ended up sitting outside on the steps listening to the game on the radio. About 10 minutes before the end of the 90 minutes they opened the gates so people could leave (!!), so I got in then. Wasn't too upset when McCall equalised as it meant I got to see us win it in extra time. ;)

They allowed loads of people to sit on the running track round the pitch, as some were understandably uncomfortable standing on the terraces.

Just watched that Hillsborough video on the official website, very moving, there is a section where Aldo is talking about the goal in the Cup Final and whether it was the most important goal he ever scored for Liverpool. Aldo said it wasn't, to him the most important goal(s) he ever scored were those in the semi-final replay after the disaster.

Why did we sell Aldo to Sociedad? Was just reading Kenny's book, says Aldo wasn't happy about leaving, so why'd we get rid?

Seem to remember that Rushie's return almost sealed his fate. 'Twas either one or the other.

Take nothing away from Aldridge though, he played in probably one of the best sides we ever had.

Seem to remember that Rushie's return almost sealed his fate. 'Twas either one or the other.

Take nothing away from Aldridge though, he played in probably one of the best sides we ever had.

Aldo's on 60 minutes on LFCTV now - he doesn't know why - suggests they ask Dalglish...