By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Time to resurect Peter Crouch

David Hodgson

I'm not one of his biggest fans, and for the £10-11m being quoted, I'll drive him to Man City in July.

However, at this pivotal stage of the season I think we may need the big lanky streak 'o p*sh.

It's been noticeable in these bigger games recently that when we're under pressure we don't have a good 'out' ball. Tossing it long and hoping for Torres to catch it, isn't enough.

I think Crouchie should play in the next two games against the gooners. Profitable as recent matches have been for the Gerrard/Torres combo, it's noticeable that there are games where Torres simply isn't seeing enough of the ball. He's that good that he invariably scores when he does, but I'm not convinced we're getting him into games enough.

The solution ? Get Gerrard wide and Crouch upfront with Torres. Which side and with which wing partner I don't know - I think between them Gerrard, Kuyt and Babbel can do jobs on either wing.

i wouldntplay him. it would mean reverting back to 4-4-2 and the system we have atthe minute is playing more to our strengths than a 4-4-2. i think Kuyts performannces in recent weeks have shown a very steady improvement, and for Crouch to start would mean us dropping either Kuyt, Gerrard or Torres, and i wouldnt drop either of those 3. So sorry big Pete, its the bench for you

i wouldntplay him. it would mean reverting back to 4-4-2 and the system we have atthe minute is playing more to our strengths than a 4-4-2. i think Kuyts performannces in recent weeks have shown a very steady improvement, and for Crouch to start would mean us dropping either Kuyt, Gerrard or Torres, and i wouldnt drop either of those 3. So sorry big Pete, its the bench for you

We haven't been able to hold possession at all well against man u and arsenal. I think the Crouch point is a good reminder we have options because my concern going into last night and possibly in the future is how we are going to create for Torres save the hollywood passes from Gerrard.

If he doesn't start Saturday, he will know for defo, if he doesn't already, that his time is up. Has he started a game against a top flight side this year?

Bit of a chicken and egg scenario really. Rafa probably doesn't want to play a flat 4 in midfield in case we'd lose the midfield battle and give away too much possession - but there is a case for the alternative argument that playing an additional striker like Crouch will actually give us more possession by holding the ball up......it's a tough one.

Playing Crouch would involve a change of system - a system that has got us results over the past couple of months.

He's not a good enough player, nor a consistent enough threat, to justify changing the system for and should be on the bench.

That said, I'd play him on Saturday to give Torres a rest. He looked knackered by the end on Wednesday.

Don't see why Crouch can't play on his own up front in this 4-2-3-1 formation we're using - so he can play for Torres, who obviously should be rested on Saturday.

Less sure who can play for Gerrard in that position - Benayoun, mabe? - with Pennant playing Kuyt's position on the right.

Guest Kaizer
Don't see why Crouch can't play on his own up front in this 4-2-3-1 formation we're using - so he can play for Torres, who obviously should be rested on Saturday.

Less sure who can play for Gerrard in that position - Benayoun, mabe? - with Pennant playing Kuyt's position on the right.

Voronin is our best option for the position behind the striker.

Voronin is our best option for the position behind the striker.

He should play on the basis that we need to rest players and there is no-one else.

He's a waste of space though, and I'll be very annoyed if he isn't sold to someone - anyone - in the summer.