By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Owen's £9.5m clause...

I'm convinced they want rid of him. Shepard has been constantly talking about the clause, constantly reminding everyone how much it is and how long left it runs for, he if wanted to keep him he'd shut up.

With Rafa again bemoaning our inability to convert chances against Portsmouth I wonder if he might yet make a move for him.

Yeah, not scoring in a friendly in Hong Kong will force the manager to re-think his plans for the squad and piss away £10m on a striker who just gets lot of injuries (not injury prone) and whose best days are behind him.

Yeah, not scoring in a friendly in Hong Kong will force the manager to re-think his plans for the squad and piss away £10m on a striker who just gets lot of injuries (not injury prone) and whose best days are behind him.

No it wont

So it drops to about £6m next summer when he has a yr to go on his deal and has potentiallly shown himself fit after a season. He may yet get out of there on a decent salary elsewhere. I think SA isn't stupid, knows what his game is and would rather take the £9.5m now and terminate his playing contract with little if any severence. If he does the same with Dyer, who also wants out, that's alot of wedge to pay a defence with.

I'm convinced they want rid of him. Shepard has been constantly talking about the clause, constantly reminding everyone how much it is and how long left it runs for, he if wanted to keep him he'd shut up.

Shepherd's not with em anymore though, I think he was just saying it to screw a few people.

So it drops to about £6m next summer when he has a yr to go on his deal and has potentiallly shown himself fit after a season. He may yet get out of there on a decent salary elsewhere. I think SA isn't stupid, knows what his game is and would rather take the £9.5m now and terminate his playing contract with little if any severence. If he does the same with Dyer, who also wants out, that's alot of wedge to pay a defence with.

talking of whom... i saw a list of the top ten player's salaries in the premiership and dyer was mid-table on a staggering £80k a week.

laughable.

Guest Linton
talking of whom... i saw a list of the top ten player's salaries in the premiership and dyer was mid-table on a staggering £80k a week.

laughable.

Ljungberg on 100k a week is another.

Speaking of Owen. Does anyone seriously believe that he ever will play for us again? Seriously?

Ljungberg on 100k a week is another.

Speaking of Owen. Does anyone seriously believe that he ever will play for us again? Seriously?

I do. But it will be in 15 years when he's playing for us in the masters 6 a side during the off season