WARNOCK:

Fagan

Warnock has brief moment of endearment

Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock might not be everyone's favourite opposition manager but the outspoken Blades boss has spoken with pride about the time he became a passionate Liverpool supporter for one night only.

While Liverpool were reeling from a nightmare first-half against AC Milan in Turkey, Warnock - who grew up supporting the club he now manages - was watching the final on TV while on holiday in Greece.

"They say you always remember where you were when Kennedy was shot," claims Warnock, who insists he has a nice bottle of red wine waiting for Rafael Benitez in his office at Bramall Lane. "Well, I remember where I was when Liverpool were 3-0 down to AC Milan in the Champions League Final. I was on holiday in Greece in a place full of Italians.

"I remember thinking whether I should go to bed because the Italians were taking the p*** out of me. But I thought I would stop and I was the only Englishman to last into the second-half!

"Then the first goal from 25 yards. Did I cheer? I bloody did. I ran round the room. By the third one, even the Italians were giving me high-fives. It was a brilliant night."