By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The boxing

Molby

Well at least the judges got that right - Joshua lost that by 4/5 rounds. 

So much for Fury vs Joshua - hard to see a way that happens in the near future, maybe if Fury loses against Wilder in October. But anyway if Fury did lose to Wilder then he may well have a rematch against him. 

Sounds like Joshua will have a rematch against Usyk, maybe next Spring. 

So don't hold your breath for Fury vs Joshua. 

Edited by Tommok

2 hours ago, Tommok said:

Was a weird performance from Joshua and pretty disappointing. 

Taking nothing away from Usyk who is a great fighter and that was a very decent performance - out boxed Joshua. 

Yep. Brilliant atmosphere but AJ disappointed. Not sure how he wins a rematch without a new trainer/plan.

Fair play to Usyk  

Weird fighter, Joshua. You watch him fight sometimes and wonder what his best asset is from a technical perspective.

His jab isn’t great, his right hand is powerful but doesn’t have any snap in the punch, his foot movement is ponderous and he doesn’t move his head. Handspeed not up to much either.

4 hours ago, The Hitman said:

Weird fighter, Joshua. You watch him fight sometimes and wonder what his best asset is from a technical perspective.

His jab isn’t great, his right hand is powerful but doesn’t have any snap in the punch, his foot movement is ponderous and he doesn’t move his head. Handspeed not up to much either.

Big right hand and aggressive. The aggression has gone, think he will pack it in now, what's the drive?

1 hour ago, muleskinner said:

Big right hand and aggressive. The aggression has gone, think he will pack it in now, what's the drive?

Just pride now, innit. Doesn’t red the money.

think the Ruiz defeat has left him too cautious- part of the attraction with him is he lets his hands go and risks being tagged back 

Usyk’s movement was too good for him yesterday and it’s hard to see him winning a rematch

Also even harder to see how he fights/beats Fury

btw - Spurs stadium is magnificent but still ridiculously located with f*** all infrastructure to support 60k people trying to get in / out

I've never been that convinced he ever wanted the Fury fight that badly. A bit like Riddick Bowe and Lennox, Bowe KNEW Lennox had the beating of him and whilst shouting his mouth off didn't really want to get beaten up.  I have always thought AJ was over rated, Andy Garcia showed him up good and proper. Average fighter.

Andy Garcia? The actor? 
No wonder everyone thinks Joshua is rubbish 

1 hour ago, kop205 said:

Joshua just isn't really that good is he? Seems like a nice fella and that but basically a souped-up Frank Bruno.

He’s decent enough. He’s fought good fighters and beaten everyone he faced before last night. I think he made a major mistake with his tactics. I think his only hope is to bully him, be aggressive and try to rough him up. It doesn’t have to be pretty 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Raj said:

Andy Garcia? The actor? 
No wonder everyone thinks Joshua is rubbish 

He’s decent enough. He’s fought good fighters and beaten everyone he faced before last night. I think he made a major mistake with his tactics. I think his only hope is to bully him, be aggressive and try to rough him up. It doesn’t have to be pretty 

The Klitschko fight was great, even if he was way past his best.

Ruiz isn't all that. Nor is Whyte. Both decent and definitely the type others would duck, but I don't think he has a big list of massive scalps. Not his fault but just is what it is.

Will probably never now fight either of if the other two lads who have been the biggest draws in his era. In fact he may only have one fight left.

3 hours ago, kop205 said:

Joshua just isn't really that good is he? Seems like a nice fella and that but basically a souped-up Frank Bruno.

It was a poor performance but he's got the best resume in the division despite what Fury and others will say. 

1 hour ago, kop205 said:

The Klitschko fight was great, even if he was way past his best.

Ruiz isn't all that. Nor is Whyte. Both decent and definitely the type others would duck, but I don't think he has a big list of massive scalps. Not his fault but just is what it is.

Will probably never now fight either of if the other two lads who have been the biggest draws in his era. In fact he may only have one fight left.

You can pick holes in any fighters record.

7 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

It was a poor performance but he's got the best resume in the division despite what Fury and others will say. 

You can pick holes in any fighters record.

Of course, yeah. He's had a really good career.

I just don't think he's that good when I think back to others who I've seen.

2 hours ago, kop205 said:

Of course, yeah. He's had a really good career.

I just don't think he's that good when I think back to others who I've seen.

He's not going down in the top ten best heavyweights ever but he is a very good fighter in his era which is all you can do really.

• Upvote 1