Sign in to follow this  
matty

A thread from the bastion of truth . . .

Guest Johnny
watch for an inter toto entry!!!

1122553[/snapback]

I'd love to see MO playing in the inter toto cup.

If he came back here I want him crawling on his hands and knees and begging us to take him from the grave yard that is newcastle.

Money grabbing backstabbing little t***.

There's a dichotomy at the heart of all these alleged clauses in that you're not permitted to speak to a player or his representatives without the other club's permission, so how are you ever going to find out about a clause?

There's a dichotomy at the heart of all these alleged clauses in that you're not permitted to speak to a player or his representatives without the other club's permission, so how are you ever going to find out about a clause?

1122741[/snapback]

By the player in question passing details of it onto local journalists and players he knows at the club? :D

He is not a leg that fits our table ;)

Good luck to him, gave me one of the greatest ten minutes of my life (Fa Cup final) but he is gone now, like dalglish

Posts merged:

At the press conference when Owen signed Shepherd was categorical that no such clause exists. He was still saying the same thing in private as late as two weeks ago.

1122514[/snapback]

That is boll'ocks

It does exist

Lets be honest, Sheperd is a maggot of the highest order isnt he

1122741[/snapback]

bertie vogts can always be relied upon to spill the beans.

1122741[/snapback]

Thats what agents are for isn't it.

I don't think Owen will come here simply because I think Rafa has bigger priorities, will get better value elsewhere and he's waved goodbye to us twice now already.

BUT, most of us were surprised when he left for madreid and then doubly surprised when he went up there to that two-bit club. There's no telling what can happen.

Edited by Cardinal Fang

"I really need to be playing in the Champions League and that is something we have to remedy." (Owen) insisted that there was "no problem now" but said "It is impossible to say about my future at Liverpool." Michael Owen, November 2003.

He was 't happy with the thought of missing out on it here, so I doubt he'll be happy with that thought anywhere. So if Newcastle get into the CL - he won't have to leave- all sorted!

I don't see him coming back here, clause or none, we have other priorities.

Edited by Benitez

Thats what agents are for isn't it.

Agents aren't allowed to tell you either without the "owning" club in question giving permission, so the louder and longer Freddie Shepherd shouts that there is no clause,

the stronger his future case to do a "Ziege" and reclaim some of the transfer fee loss when Owen does move on.

Guest Cisse's mate
Isn't there a rule about a player moving clubs twice in 12 months?

1121559[/snapback]

yes its called the " if he didn't want to come in the first place f*** him " rule

BBC rumour page reported the other day that Shepherd won't be giving Souness any money in the January window... they have to either be loan signings or he has to sell....

12 mill from an Owen sale would buy them alot of tat from Europe...

I aint going to say we shouldn't go for him, as anyone that turns a player like Owen down is biting off his nose to spite his face.... he can deliver us guaranteed goals that our other strikers can't.... He worked well with Morientes at Madrid for the few games they played together, and we know he does well with Crouch for England... He relishes the kind of ball Gerrard can deliver and hes got a better attitude than Cisse..

It pissed me off when he left us hanging for months.. but if he can help the team achieve PL success then I am all for it.... after all Stevie admitted in the summer that he wanted him back... thats the captain of our team... if hes good enough for Stevie, then he should be good enough for everyone on this board..

Agents aren't allowed to tell you either without the "owning" club in question giving permission, so the louder and longer Freddie Shepherd shouts that there is no clause,

the stronger his future case to do a "Ziege" and reclaim some of the transfer fee loss when Owen does move on.

1122847[/snapback]

I know this all goes back to the Ziege case, but what stops MO telling Stevie or Jamie at an England get-together, they then tell Rafa and Rick?

I know this all goes back to the Ziege case, but what stops MO telling Stevie or Jamie at an England get-together, they then tell Rafa and Rick?

1122873[/snapback]

why not just bid

£1 Million - Freddy says no

£2 Million - Freddy says no

£3 Million - Freddy says no

£4 Million - Freddy says no

£5 Million - Freddy says no

£6 Million - Freddy says no

£7 Million - Freddy says no

£8 Million - Freddy says no

£9 Million - Freddy says no

£10 Million - Freddy says no

£11 Million - Freddy says no

£12 Million - Freddy says Aghhhhhh feck it ! :rant:

?

1122847[/snapback]

We know what we sold him to madrid for and the release clause is rumoured to be not fat off that. So it would be perfectly reasonable for us to make an offer of 12.5 million or whatever and trigger the clause.

Not that I think its likely, but if we did go in with a bid it would be around that level anyway so we don't need any inside info.

At the press conference when Owen signed Shepherd was categorical that no such clause exists. He was still saying the same thing in private as late as two weeks ago.

1122514[/snapback]

That press conference was probably one of the funniest I've seen. How many times did Michael say it was "unfortunate" that Liverpool couldn't finalise a deal for him so he came to Newcastle instead? Or Fat Freddie's reaction to a get out clause, all red in the face and didn't even let the journo finish his question. All that before a few thousand Geordies start singing "one graeme souness", only to start booing him again a week later :lol:

A hunch and only that but I can't see Rafa wanting to piss about with Owen for a 3rd succesive summer and it will be tough as Newcastle will be as stubborn as possible about it even if Owen wants to leave. For what it's worth, I think Newcastle will qualify for Europe this year.

The clause could be triggered by Owen asking for a move if they fail to qualify for europe. He would waive any signing on fees etc due to him though by requesting a transfer, so can't see him taking that step

why not just bid

£1 Million - Freddy says no

£2 Million - Freddy says no

£3 Million - Freddy says no

£4 Million - Freddy says no

£5 Million - Freddy says no

£6 Million - Freddy says no

£7 Million - Freddy says no

£8 Million - Freddy says no

£9 Million - Freddy says no

£10 Million - Freddy says no

£11 Million - Freddy says no

£12 Million - Freddy says Aghhhhhh feck it ! :rant:

?

1122903[/snapback]

Aaah, the eBay approach? I like it !

That press conference was probably one of the funniest I've seen. How many times did Michael say it was "unfortunate" that Liverpool couldn't finalise a deal for him so he came to Newcastle instead? Or Fat Freddie's reaction to a get out clause, all red in the face and didn't even let the journo finish his question. All that before a few thousand Geordies start singing "one graeme souness", only to start booing him again a week later  :lol:

A hunch and only that but I can't see Rafa wanting to piss about with Owen for a 3rd succesive summer and it will be tough as Newcastle will be as stubborn as possible about it even if Owen wants to leave. For what it's worth, I think Newcastle will qualify for Europe this year.

1122913[/snapback]

Ahead of who ?

Arsenal, Bolton or Spurs ?

No f'ckin chance

Guest Les Howard
The clause could be triggered by Owen asking for a move if they fail to qualify for europe. He would waive any signing on fees etc due to him though by requesting a transfer, so can't see him taking that step

1122925[/snapback]

Surely he's got enough cash already for this not to be a problem if he decided that he does want to come "home". I've hated MO twice now - once for leaving and once for joining the barcodes - but I can't say he's money motivated.

Fowler wrote in his book that when LFC were interested in an English player Evans would get him and Macca to talk to them when on England duty. He also mentioned the SMS fiasco when McAllister SMSed him instead of Robbie Keane. Tapping up happens...........easily. It is only idiots like Moronho who go to hotels and organise "secret" meetings

I watched an interview with him on SSN the other day and he was asked about returning to Liverpoool. His first comment was

"I never expected to leave Liverpool"

Did I miss something or was he not the one who decided the Real Madrid move was a "once in a lifetime" deal. I have always been a big fan of MO but at times would prefer he tells it like it is rather than trying to keep the angelic presence he exudes in the media.

Before he left he held the club to ransom with his "I need CL footy" comments and "I will go were I can play on the highest level" Fast forward a year and what is he doing signing for Newcastle Utd. A team beaten in the Intertoto Cup and facing another seasopn of mediocrity. His former club has just won the trophy he wanted to play in so much, yet coulsn't be strong enough in saying Liverpool is the only club for me.

I think MO would have been a tremendous addition to our squad and would do so well with Crouchy. However, we can't have the Owen circus disrupting the club every summer. We have moved on and will get better, if MO wants to play for Liverpool so badly he will do what it takes. If he just wants to be close to his mansion then he can enjoy the chopper ride every day and battle for an intertoto spot with the barcodes.

By the player in question passing details of it onto local journalists and players he knows at the club?  :D

1122745[/snapback]

Or buy the playing question letting a club know before he even signs it? Or you just make sure all bids are leaked to the papers and if the selling club don't inform the player of a bid that contractually they have to accept, it's up to the player to ask why.

:D

Even without ever seeing your 5 a side team play I'd say that was true.

1122542[/snapback]

We're not very good, but I'd still fancy our chances.

Bloody hell!!! Cisse plays for your 5 a side team :o  impressed ;)

1122599[/snapback]

Yeah but his body language is rubbish. Just because I've been keeping him out of the team.

Guest discobiscuit

From todays PopBitch email (that my mrs forwarded me)

-----------------------------------------------------

Michael Owen is doing so well at Newcastle...

surely tabloid hacks aren't right in saying he has a "come

and get me" clause in his contract for Liverpool?

-----------------------------------------------------