By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Conor Bradley

WillG

Said it in the match thread, but genuinely think it's into best ever starts to a career territory here. It's silly how good he's been. Loads have commented on how good he was at Bolton, but this is insanely good.

Really reminds me of Gerrard the way he runs and strikes a ball. Pure Gerrard finish last night.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Said it in the match thread, but genuinely think it's into best ever starts to a career territory here. It's silly how good he's been. Loads have commented on how good he was at Bolton, but this is insanely good.

Really reminds me of Gerrard the way he runs and strikes a ball. Pure Gerrard finish last night.

nah, gerrard hits the ball a lot harder

7 minutes ago, Swipe said:

'The way he strikes a ball'. Not how hard.

Technique is very similar. 

The exceptional pace that Gerrard gets on his strikes led to a lot of long shot goals, i dont see that with Bradley.

Which is fine, cause it's not really fair to compare him to generational talent like Gerrard (f*** off Jarg 😉 )

Edited by surf
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Swipe said:

And unlike other youngsters in the past, he's starting for the top team in the land at the moment, and we're having to win every game we play 

And he's playing like he's got 10 years experience under his belt 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, downunder said:

some good history here. Robinson was well liked too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Flanagan, Robinson, Wisdom, Coady, Suso, Sterling, N'goo or Morgan feature this season depending on injuries. Pretty crazy that we have that many quality young players. Even outside the 8 of them you have the likes of Silva, Sama, Adorjan and Roddan who are all as good as anything the academy has produced in the last decade.

There’s so much N’goo chat as well. Just goes to show that all youngsters are s***.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I was at the game last night, said the Gerrard thing a few times. For me it’s how he moves, that kid is an athlete.

Wiry strong and aggressive, has a real burst of speed and he can flip his hips and change direction almost instantly.

Technically outstanding as well, the way he controlled that finish whilst slipping (only saw that after) was special.

He showed vision and anticipation for the Jota assist, not taking the easy pass and anticipating his run, threading the ball through a gap that wasn’t there when he played it.

Looks an incredible talent.

Edited by Leo No.8
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, honourablegeorge said:

Yeah, we were near top when Flanagan blasted that as goal in and the camera cut to Kenny in the stand with a massive grin on him.

They had to change shot as Flanagan had an erection and it was pre watershed

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ombudsam said:

Flanagan, Robinson, Wisdom, Coady, Suso, Sterling, N'goo or Morgan

Not a bad hit rate, TBF - Flanagan got in our first team,(didn't stay there for a variety of reasons), Suso and Coady went on to have good careers at a high level, Sterling the best of them. 

24 minutes ago, downunder said:

Wilson

Flanagan

Kelly

Ayala

Wisdom

Wilson

Robinson

My god, that didnt age well. We were a young defenders graveyard. 

31 minutes ago, downunder said:

They were a good crop of players, we didn't have the setup to make the most of them though, they weren't even training in the same place. Klopp is prepared to take the risk on these kids, they're also far more integrated into the first team way of doing things so the transition is seamless

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Maldini said:

They were a good crop of players, we didn't have the setup to make the most of them though, they weren't even training in the same place. Klopp is prepared to take the risk on these kids, they're also far more integrated into the first team way of doing things so the transition is seamless

Yeah, big part of Klopp's legacy, that

Just now, Earl Hafler said:

It was the extra curricular activities that blunted Flanagan's career, wasn't it ? Results in several injuries

And the fact that he was ultimately s***e 

Klopp gave him the captains armband in his first season I seem to remember 

1 hour ago, surf said:

Wilson

Flanagan

Kelly

Ayala

Wisdom

Wilson

Robinson

My god, that didnt age well. We were a young defenders graveyard. 

The absolute state of that.

Throw in Darby, Whitbread, Warnock, Peltier, Wright, Randall.

1 hour ago, Ombudsam said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Flanagan, Robinson, Wisdom, Coady, Suso, Sterling, N'goo or Morgan feature this season depending on injuries. Pretty crazy that we have that many quality young players. Even outside the 8 of them you have the likes of Silva, Sama, Adorjan and Roddan who are all as good as anything the academy has produced in the last decade.

There’s so much N’goo chat as well. Just goes to show that all youngsters are s***.

Had to look up some of those lads, they're all still playing. Toni Silva is still playing in the Khazakstan Premier League, Stephen Sama was last released by Accrington two seasons ago, Big Mike Ngoo is playing in Albania and Rodan is a big pterodactyl in the Godzilla movies.

11 minutes ago, Binomial said:

The absolute state of that.

Throw in Darby, Whitbread, Warnock, Peltier, Wright, Randall.

Jon Otsemobor treated like a dog there.

Ste Wright and Ste Warnock both had decent enough careers.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, downunder said:

Rewinding approx 10 years, did we all think Jon Flanagan was this good?

From what I remember, Bradley is streets ahead of him.

No we didn't, this lad is from a different universe to Flanagan

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PhilM said:

Had to look up some of those lads, they're all still playing. Toni Silva is still playing in the Khazakstan Premier League, Stephen Sama was last released by Accrington two seasons ago, Big Mike Ngoo is playing in Albania and Rodan is a big pterodactyl in the Godzilla movies.

TBF Otsemobor was shot at a young age

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, PhilM said:

Oh, were we not only talking specifically at Liverpool.

In that case so too did the likes of Kelly, Ayala and now Robinson.....even Wisdom to a lesser extent although it's a shame what's gone on in his personal life for it to end kinda early. 

Edited by Binomial