By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Everton v Liverpool, Sunday 21 June, Sky (for free)

psl

f*** you Covid-19, we are back and we go again. And if a global pandemic can't stop us, what chance do the blues have. 

Venue yet to be determined but I reckon it will be at Goodison. All our best players should be fit and as rested as have been in years. I bet they can't wait to get out there.

Imagine if Arsenal come up with an unlikely win and we could win the title by a win in this game, the first time we have played in months, in an empty stadium. The most surreal title win ever. 

Happy Father's Day everyone, we're going to win the f***ing league.

If the absence of fans gives football a feel of a "training ground game" - and I mean that from the players perspective, not fans or anyone else - then it favours us even more so I think. If the atmosphere and adrenaline increases opposition performance by being on edge then the lack of that should allow our football shine through even more.

I am really looking forward to it. I think we could put numbers on Everton and Palace. I base this purely on the Bundesliga games I have seen, lots of fast passing from Dortmund and Munich when playing out and seems to be more space. Or maybe the players are so good they make it look like they have more space.

But yeah, extremely looking forward to it with huge optimism.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

If the absence of fans gives football a feel of a "training ground game" - and I mean that from the players perspective, not fans or anyone else - then it favours us even more so I think. If the atmosphere and adrenaline increases opposition performance by being on edge then the lack of that should allow our football shine through even more.

I am really looking forward to it. I think we could put numbers on Everton and Palace. I base this purely on the Bundesliga games I have seen, lots of fast passing from Dortmund and Munich when playing out and seems to be more space. Or maybe the players are so good they make it look like they have more space.

But yeah, extremely looking forward to it with huge optimism.

Got that feeling too.  Even getting up to fitness, our lads should have more motivation to put the strides in and have the second half to ourselves but yeah in a training ground scenario we have to fancy ourselves to leave them standing.

• Like 2

Not to deflect the conversation from the most important match in the history of football - but can imagine it happening this time last year when there was a point between us and City. 9 games to play. Christ.

Cant wait for it, that day is going to drag in but that said, I'm glad its a late game.

9 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

Nah that was only friendlies. It’s probably the quickest non North West ground to get to but f***ing hell just play it at Everton.

Villa? Leicester? Wolves? Any London ground? Sheff Utd? Newcastle?

Edited by muleskinner

3 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Well it’s what we’re gonna do for three of the other five away games anyway. Should there be any real risk from a bus parking next to a plane and them getting on and off then they probably shouldn’t be playing football. 

Don't they go through the airport security?