By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ronaldo

Even when he was fat and comparatively s***, he was still absolutely boss and scored 1 in 2 at the highest levels

yep, he wasn't fully fit even at madrid and was still capable of being devastating. wouldn't put him in the genius bracket with maradona but by christ he was good to watch. and if he was up for it you simply couldn't stop him.

yep, he wasn't fully fit even at madrid and was still capable of being devastating. wouldn't put him in the genius bracket with maradona but by christ he was good to watch. and if he was up for it you simply couldn't stop him.

He's the best out and out striker I have seen. If you factor in a broken kneecap, three cruciate injuries, a minor heart attack and an ongoing battle with hyperthyroidism, amonst other things, its stunning he played at the level that he did

Even when he was fat and comparatively s***, he was still absolutely boss and scored 1 in 2 at the highest levels

Yea that was my point.

Since the whole Inter debacle, he clearly wasn't anywhere near at his best. And at that point in time, being grossly overweight and clearly unfit, you could have made a case for him to be the best striker in the world - along with Shevchenko, Henry, van Nistelrooy etc.

He's the best out and out striker I have seen. If you factor in a broken kneecap, three cruciate injuries, a minor heart attack and an ongoing battle with hyperthyroidism, amonst other things, its stunning he played at the level that he did

Flesh wounds.

Did he suffer with hyperthyroidism through his career or is it a recent development?

Most of his career. Never diagnosed until late on

Also, the fit that he had before the world cup final was caused by a minor heart attack.