By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Lap Top to TV

Bootser

Let's say that in an imaginary world someone downloaded a movie, say Due Date for example, and wanted to link it from the lappy to watch on telly .... is this possible?

I'm f***ed if I've figured out how to burn one of these b******s toDVD!!!

Let's say that in an imaginary world someone downloaded a movie, say Due Date for example, and wanted to link it from the lappy to watch on telly .... is this possible?

I'm f***ed if I've figured out how to burn one of these b******s toDVD!!!

Yep, do it all the time for the matches as can't have sky in our building for whatever reason so hook up skyplayer to my TV with an hdmi cable.

Eh? Hook up lappy with TV? Skyplayer ... wtf?

The answer to you question is as simple as 'yes - it is possible'

A more informative answer to your question relies on you telling us all a bit more about your laptop and your TV - what ports do they both have? If they both have VGA only, then get a VGA cable. If they both have HDMI, then get a HDMI cable. Rocket surgery, it definitely isn't.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

The answer to you questin is as simple as 'yes - it is possible'

The full answer to you question relies on you telling us all a bit more about your laptop and your TV - what ports do they both have? If they both have VGA only, then get a VGA cable. If they both have HDMI, then get a HDMI cable. Rocket surgery, it definitely isn't.

Rocket surgery it f***ing well is!!! :lol: I'm younger than Murph .... but likely only just!

The lappy is a HPG61 and has loads of holes for bits and bobs - 3 USB's ports (?) and 3 other c**** that do other things. f*** knows whats on the back of the telly - it's a Samsung beast and has loads of holes too.

Pretend I'm an idiot and speak to me a la dunce.

Locate the manuals for both of the items and read them - they'll tell you what ports you have. Look for stuff like 'VGA' or 'HDMI' and then buy a cable that matches up.

To help you along...HP G61 has 1 VGA and 1 HDMI port. I am unable to locate a 'Samsung Beast' on google (or at least I didn't search for it, for fear of what may be found)

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Rocket surgery it f***ing well is!!! :lol: I'm younger than Murph .... but likely only just!

The lappy is a HPG61 and has loads of holes for bits and bobs - 3 USB's ports (?) and 3 other c**** that do other things. f*** knows whats on the back of the telly - it's a Samsung beast and has loads of holes too.

I've got a Samsung TV and the TV itself has actually got a USB port (on the side). So what I do is copy the file onto a USB stick, plug it into the TV and play it.

Locate the manuals for both of the items and read them - they'll tell you what ports you have. Look for stuff like 'VGA' or 'HDMI' and then buy a cable that matches up.

Righty ho. Cheers.

Do you work in Currys? ;)

Have to rise and shine and get the Carnmoney Colts U12's up and at 'em!

Eh? Hook up lappy with TV? Skyplayer ... wtf?

I have a mac so not sure about the ports on your laptop but yes you can do it and it works like a charm :)

Mine has a mini-dvi port so I needed a mini-dvi to hdmi cable and then a standard hdmi cable to connect to the telly.

You may need an additional cable for sound if you can't get that through the hdmi.

Have a look on amazon you could probably pick the lot up for under a tenner.

Edited by RedDownUnder

If the HP is less than a couple of years old, I suspect it'll have HDMI. Same for tv. I have an HP laptop put through a Samsung telly without any problems.

we now use my wife's Zune HD to watch downloaded movies/shows. I bought her an audio dock that has an HDMI connector and it works perfectly. It also has HD radio which sounds great through the Vizio TV.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L16KS2

we can use the HP G72 lap top, but the zune thing is smaller and much easier to use.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll never wait to burn a DVD again, my WD box plays anything you throw at it.

plug it into a telly and play from a library of 2Tb. I'm taking it on holiday.

Never seen one of those before, is that like the WD Live with a hard drive and without all the networking?