By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Super Johnny Henry

honourablegeorge

This is how you respond to the media, Roy. If he'd added "GO s*** IN YOUR HAND, ALEX" it'd be perfect.

"We have recently read stories about our intentions for the forthcoming January transfer window and have a sense of humour about this type of inevitable speculation."

"As everyone knows we are new to English football, but not to sport, and we are studying all options. Opportunities and value will drive spending in January and in the future."

"Our clear focus from day one of our ownership has been – and will be – to improve the club and focus on what it will take to put Liverpool consistently in a position to challenge for trophies."

"We intend to build this club the right way. Stories about our top players leaving are destructive and unwarranted but we realise that this kind of speculation is also common."

"We intend to build on the strength of the current squad, not undermine it. And I can reassure our supporters that we have no intention of allowing the team to be weakened going forward."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/29/liverpool-john-henry-unwarranted-transfer-rumours?CMP=twt_gu

Edited by honourablegeorge

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pah, doesn't even mention how many years experience he can draw on, can't possibly take him seriously.

and he didn't claim to be one of the most respected owners in Europe, how can we take that seriously?

good man.

now f*** off Roy.

no matter what your view on the rafa issue, you've got to say that it looks like rafa and john henry are reading off the same sheet, would most likely have made a pretty formidable team...

He does. He says he's new to football. He has no experience, and the same amount of major trophies as Roy..

That would have been funny in the interview.

"I'm new to football but in my brief time at the club I've already managed to win the same amount of major honours as LMA manager of the year 2010 Roy Hodgson has in 35 years"

Henry won't get any credit from me until he sacks our clueless manager. It's so obviously the first decision he needs to make that I'm ignoring anything he does before he f***s Hodgson off.

His first decision is to appoint a CEO. The CEO's first job is to sack the manager.

Can't see why. There's a board in place. It was the previous board's decision to sack the last manager, why can't the new one do the same?

What board is in place? Broughton, Ayres and two NESV blokes who've had the tour. I wouldn't want Broughton making any further footballing decisions in the club.

Get the Purslow replacement in, start the hunt for a new manager.

What board is in place? Broughton, Ayres and two NESV blokes who've had the tour. I wouldn't want Broughton making any further footballing decisions in the club.

Get the Purslow replacement in, start the hunt for a new manager.

Henry mentioned a 'worldwide search', so it could be months before a new CEO actually takes charge. We need to ship Hodgson out yesterday. An interim replacement wouldn't be hard to find.

I wonder what the reaction would be if these were Roy's quotes.

Exactly. He's saying very very little indeed. Nothing wrong with what he's said, but nothing to be rushing out and putting a bet on how our season will improve.

In conclusion : no comment on the manager issue (most important one of all at the moment), no commitment to any level of spending in january, and a re-assurance we won' be 'asset stripped'.

Nothing much to see here.