By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Predictions for new managers

NWR

If Benitez was to walk this season, or is pushed out, who is likely to succeed him?

Its always a possibility with the clubs expectations, but is more likely to be after the end of the season if its seen as another failure. If you think about it, during the next 12 months you could see MUFC, Liverpool, MCFC and Arsenal looking for new managers if results don’t pan out or if somebody walks, somebody like Ferguson.

Thing is there are only one or two top rated managers out there that these clubs are going to want to bring in and so these clubs, knowing this, might start courting these men earlier than we would think trying to get a head start on the opposition.

So, lets say that over the next 12 months all 4 teams will lose their current managers, who are they likely to go after?

United will probably look at Mourinho, David Moyes, Keano or Bruce.

This is not a wind up. You must recognise that both Wenger and Benitez would be under threat if this is another season without silverware, especially if we see the emergence of City as a title contender this season or more likely next.

I also see the above making Ferguson seriously think about retirement, and the yanks wont let him just upsticks without some prior notice, giving them time to get their man.

We all know that there are very few managers out there that can fill the boots of the three men we are talking about, (4 if you put City into the managerless pot) so who are we thinking and when do you think the clubs will start talking behind the scenes?

... and the yanks wont let him just upsticks without some prior notice, giving them time to get their man ...

What are you on about? His notice period will be clearly defined within his contract.

What are you on about? His notice period will be clearly defined within his contract.

It does not always work like that does it, but ok you could be right. Dont you think this City situation can really change things and we could see a lot of teams fighting over a couple of managers?

If Ferguson gets liver failure who will replace him?

I think that's the big question

You f***ing weapon.

Sutty, this is not an attack on Benitez or Liverpool, its about the security of the old top 4 managers now City have all this money, the possible shift in power and all that goes on around them in that event.

I have already put forward names to replace Fergie for whatever reason he leaves, liver failure being a possibility I suppose.

Edited by NWR

City's money means feck all. Almost every manager in the world would be interested if either the Liverpool, Arsenal or Man Utd job become available. Neither club would have difficulty finding a top replacement. Man City can only have one manager at a time after all.

It doesn't have to be a huge name either, that's already won the Champions League, as Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool have already proved with Mr Ferguson, Wenger and course Benitez.

Edited by Flasher

Sutty, this is not an attack on Benitez or Liverpool, its about the security of the old top 4 managers now City have all this money, the possible shift in power and all that goes on around them in that event.

I have already put forward names to replace Fergie for whatever reason he leaves, liver failure being a possibility I suppose.

The season hasn't even started yet

Why would we be considering replacements for a manager who has demonstrated an upward curve for the club?

It's nonsense.

City's money means feck all. Almost every manager in the world would be interested if either the Liverpool, Arsenal or Man Utd job become available. Neither club would have difficulty finding a top replacement. Man City can only have one manager at a time after all.

It doesn't have to be a huge name either, that's already won the Champions League, as Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool have already proved with Mr Ferguson, Wenger and course Benitez.

When you consider that our top 4 have also done so well in Europe and the money involved in football today, do you think any of these teams would give the job to an unproven manager again? Surely they would want instant success. Look at Chelsea last season.

Yes this thread is nonsense but that’s what we do as football fans on a football forum. We discuss results and possibilities. It may be early to discuss this but it’s a possibility we will have to discuss it later in the season. I tried to put a bet on Mark Hughes to be sacked before Christmas a few weeks back but none of the bookies would give me odds on it.

When you consider that our top 4 have also done so well in Europe and the money involved in football today, do you think any of these teams would give the job to an unproven manager again? Surely they would want instant success. Look at Chelsea last season.

You suggested Moyes, Hughes, Keane, Bruce etc as possible candidates for Man Utd. What success have they had?

Thankfully fans don't run football clubs, otherwise yes, manager selection would be based on instant success. That's why so many knobbers of differing clubs want Mourinho to be their next manager, ignoring the long term damage such an appointment would cause.

You suggested Moyes, Hughes, Keane, Bruce etc as possible candidates for Man Utd. What success have they had?

Thankfully fans don't run football clubs, otherwise yes, manager selection would be based on instant success. That's why so many knobbers of differing clubs want Mourinho to be their next manager, ignoring the long term damage such an appointment would cause.

I suggested the above because they have been linked with us by the media and football forums, not through choice. Lets not forget we have Yank owners who have a big say in how clubs run. Judging by the stuff I have read on YNWA about yours, wouldnt you say that the fans could run the club?

moyes will replace ferguson just after christmas, ferguson having died from a heart attack during a press conference. apparently that bloke from the mirror asked him one time too many 'you've not really replaced ronaldo have you? valencia has more of the kleberson about him.'

I suggested the above because they have been linked with us by the media and football forums, not through choice.

Mourinho gets linked to everyone.

Moyes has been linked because he's Scottish and he's a c*nt.

The other three have been linked because they played for you.

There is literally nothing to talk about here.

Of course it's not yet you suggest Benitez will get sacked yet the drunken tramp may walk. piss off k****ead

Hughes is a cert to be looking for a job next summer. I think he'll be gone by Xmas but, at the very best, he's simply keeping the seat warm for a year. He'll be replaced by Mourinho, Eriksson or Capello.

Wenger will do the usual "will I, won't I?" act of going then stay 'cos his only offer, managing Burma, doesn't have quite the £ appeal.

Ferguson will go if they win their 19th. The only thing in that instance that will keep him on is if they win the CL too; then he'll want to match our record. I actually suspect he's written off this season and will go anyway... unless they finish so very close and he can still smell that 19th through the liqour.

His replacement? City will look to see who they want and then nab him with more £££. They'd actually be wise to look at a Bruce or Moyes; someone who could steady the ship and yet be blamed quite easily. Their board would look to slowly rebuild the dynasty & empire knowing full well that it wouldn't be possible immediately (there aren't many Paisleys around now).

If Rafa went I'd be worried. I'd want Mourinho or O'Neill but I believe G&H would want the cheap option. Sure, Rafa was cheap and (relatively) unknown but we had people running the club who understood football. Now, with the Americans and a shadow board with little say... not so much.

However, the 'Strachan Factor' affects everything I've said.

Of course it's not yet you suggest Benitez will get sacked yet the drunken tramp may walk. piss off k****ead

Or walk. I am not the k****ead in this thread. There are prediction threads here all the time, as I said its what we do.

I think both Liverpool and Arsenal need to win something this season, if not then Wenger will go because of his lack of spending the last couple of years. I work with a few Arsenal fans and they still support him but feel they are now a selling club. I am not sure the board will get rid of him because who else can they get, but he might just say enough is enough.

Although I think Liverpool are fav to win the PL this season, some people in the media and football think they punched above their weight last season. Well only time will tell, I would have felt a lot happier if Macherano had left as well. But another season of no trophies and maybe a 3rd or 4th place finish and who knows what will happen?

United will not win a 4th PL in a row and I think Fergie knows this, but after 3 in a row with a CL and another CL final in there do you really think the board or the Yanks will demand he be sacked at the end of the season if we are still in the top four kenny7??

Its more likely he will walk if he feels no 19 is still a couple of seasons off.

Mark Hughes wont be in charge of City next season. They will want a big name but cant get one unless they are in the CL so its a top 4 finish this season and then Hughes will be gone. A poor start and he will be gone before xmas.

Thats 4 teams possibly looking for a manager. Possibly all fighting over the same one or two. So the question of a 10 year old would be... Who are these top managers that the likes of Arsenal, United, City and Liverpool would want?

Thanks Cam. I do like the bit about Fergie would stay on to equal your European record.