Rafa Refuses To Kiss Ferguson's A**e

Nebraska Red

Benitez congratulates rivals but will not praise FergusonSTEVE NAILOR May 18 2009

West Brom 0

Liverpool 2

Rafael Benitez yesterday declined to congratulate Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, for winning the championship, although he was willing to offer praise to his rival club as a whole.

Benitez watched his Liverpool side send West Bromich Albion back to the Coca-Cola Championship, all but securing second place in the process, just a day after United won their 18th league crown to equal Liverpool's record.

As well as twice being asked at the post-match press conference whether he would offer words of praise to Ferguson, the Spaniard was also questioned about an on-field bust-up between Jamie Carragher and Alvaro Arbeloa, in which the Liverpool defenders pushed each other before they were pulled apart by colleagues.

advertisement

However, Benitez's unforgiving attitude towards Ferguson proved to be the biggest talking point. Benitez said: "Normally you have to be polite and respect the other manager. During the season we have seen a lot of things that I didn't like, so that's it.

I say congratulations to United because they have won.

I prefer just to say well done to the club, a big club, a good club. And that's it."

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...se_Ferguson.php

there are plenty more variations to be found on Newsnow.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/...eague/Liverpool

The sheer cheek of our manager. Refusing to tell the world how good Slurgie is. What did the journalists expect?