By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

we'll be coming down the road

anny road

did anyone else hear the arguments kick off about that?

weird

yeah i heard the song, but wasnt aware that anyone was kicking off, i didnt think anyone had a problem with it..maybe because the guys sitting behind me were quite loud and starting some of the chanting throughout the game.

yeah i heard the song, but wasnt aware that anyone was kicking off, i didnt think anyone had a problem with it..maybe because the guys sitting behind me were quite loud and starting some of the chanting throughout the game.

i can assure you that by me there was an issue

why would liverpool be singing irish rebel songs though? and why would villa take particular offense to this?

Was probably kicking off amongst our own, not with Villa.

I remember some ex-squaddie k****ead in the pub in London kicking off when Fields of Anfield Road got sung, saying it was a rebel song.

Mrs Caruso got very annoyed and informed him that it wasn't rebel song but she would gladly sing him one if he didn't shut up.

Guest PaulMcC

What does it matter if it's an Irish rebel song?

We have songs already that are to the tune of Irish rebel songs.

Part of Poor Scouser Tommy is to the tune of the Sash i believe too.

Guest PaulMcC

And this to the tune of the Boys of The Old Brigade

Where are the lads who stood with me

At Milan and Etienne

Oh it grieves me that I will never see

The Spion Kop again.

What does it matter if it's an Irish rebel song?

We have songs already that are to the tune of Irish rebel songs.

Part of Poor Scouser Tommy is to the tune of the Sash i believe too.

Why at a Liverpool match why should anyone be singing Irish rebel songs ffs.

There is a big difference between have songs using the tunes of rebel songs than actually singing rebel songs.

from evo on otk.

This "Coming down the road" thing. Sounds great when Scotland fans sing it in much the same way as Ring Of Fire sounds great when we sing it because it's their original. Anybody else singing it just sounds s****. I'm really not a fan of it. Not telling ANYBODY what to sing, just that I'm not a fan of it and won't sing it. It's just a total rip off. At least with FOAR we changed quite a lot of the words to suit our legends but changing one or two words from I think "Scotland" to "Billy Shankly" or "Paisley", because it did seem as if it was half and half at Villa, is a bit s***. However, it's better than nothing which is what we get a lot of the time now.

WE'RE NOT SCOTTISH WE ARE SCOUSE!

:popcorn:

Guest PaulMcC
Why at a Liverpool match why should anyone be singing Irish rebel songs ffs.

There is a big difference between have songs using the tunes of rebel songs than actually singing rebel songs.

I wasn't saying for people to singIrish rebel songs. I think that'd be stupid at a Liverpool match.

I doubt the people complaining about complaining about Comin Down the Road song thought people were actually singing an Irish rebel song unless they think Bill Shankly is an Irish rebel. They'd be really thick to think that.

I was saying there's nothing wrong with people singing a song to the tune of an Irish rebel song.