By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Keeping things in house/or not as seems to now be the case

Whitey

Following today's (non) 'statement' by Parry, the various stuff from Rafa in the near past, and the Barry and Keane issues - I'm feeling really p*ssed that we are now airing our dirty laundry 'in public' so to speak.

Why is this? Is it the way the media has taken over our lives so much? Are we taking a whole new approach? Is it the language issues?

Whatever it is - I can't see it does us any favours as a club, and wish we'd go back to the Liverpool way - keep it in house.

Thoughts?

damned if they do, damned if they don't.

if every know-nothing k****ead on the internet (me included) is going to posit "maybe Parry's done this, maybe Rafa wants that, maybe the Owners intend the other", then the club have to say something publicly, don't they?

I'm inclined to agree. But it's the what we say, when we say it, and how we say it that's bothering me. Having chased Barry for 3 months and to just come out with this now 4 days before the start of our season is horrible.

Following today's (non) 'statement' by Parry, the various stuff from Rafa in the near past, and the Barry and Keane issues - I'm feeling really p*ssed that we are now airing our dirty laundry 'in public' so to speak.

Why is this? Is it the way the media has taken over our lives so much? Are we taking a whole new approach? Is it the language issues?

Whatever it is - I can't see it does us any favours as a club, and wish we'd go back to the Liverpool way - keep it in house.

Thoughts?

wtf? rafas just said hes interested in a left sided player thats english. if you want to read more into it and whinge about our financial situation youre welcome but remember we're spanked around 60m on three players in the last twelve months. not a fan of the owners or the likes of the sos but jesus, this is a real stretch.

Thoughts?

I said this at the very f*cking start of the Barry saga and everyone was like 'yeah I don't give a toss'. Well it ended looking great on the club didn't it.

I don't care if it's Rafa, Parry or the yanks we don't need to do business in the newspapers. Simple as that.

Are we not just playing Villa at their own game ?

Is Brigadier Coco not going to come out in a few days time and say " we thought the fans were smarter than to just take our official statements at face value, clearly we were sending a message to Villa that they could stick their asking price up their arses, and be glad of the cheque we'd faxed to them"

wtf? rafas just said hes interested in a left sided player thats english. if you want to read more into it and whinge about our financial situation youre welcome but remember we're spanked around 60m on three players in the last twelve months. not a fan of the owners or the likes of the sos but jesus, this is a real stretch.

He mentioned Keane's name specifically much to Spurs chagrin. The man's a good manager but he has his faults...

damned if they do, damned if they don't.

if every know-nothing k****ead on the internet (me included) is going to posit "maybe Parry's done this, maybe Rafa wants that, maybe the Owners intend the other", then the club have to say something publicly, don't they?

no. they could say nothing. the problem with releasing one statement is that you are then expected to make statements everytime a rumour circulates. say nothing, and if in doubt, still say nothing.

we've had oneil breaking the transfer story, oneill wittering on about it throughout euro 2008, oneill implying arsenal were interested, oneil whining that we havent met their valuation and have offered player swaps, oneil saying the deadline has passed, oneil saying pointless having a deadline when there's only us interested and barry only wants to sign for us. All the details have come from villa.

we have made two official statements - confirmation that we are interested in barry and two we dont agree with the valuation.

everyone else is speculating, trying to read between the lines and adding two and two up.

we've had oneil breaking the transfer story, oneill wittering on about it throughout euro 2008, oneill implying arsenal were interested, oneil whining that we havent met their valuation and have offered player swaps, oneil saying the deadline has passed, oneil saying pointless having a deadline when there's only us interested and barry only wants to sign for us. All the details have come from villa.

we have made two official statements - confirmation that we are interested in barry and two we dont agree with the valuation.

everyone else is speculating, trying to read between the lines and adding two and two up.

Good post. Good summary. Think everyone is getting very excited over reports from the press who quiet frankly know jacks***.

Best way to deal with the media would be not to speak to any of them, ever, on any subject. And it would be great if all clubs did that, not just Liverpool.

With the internet, there's ample opportunity for communication between club, players, manager, etc. and fans.

LET'S KICK JOURNALISTS OUT OF FOOTBALL!! :thumbs:

no. they could say nothing. the problem with releasing one statement is that you are then expected to make statements everytime a rumour circulates. say nothing, and if in doubt, still say nothing.

Totally agree Wayne, the club doesn't need to answer any of the rumours, whether its started by the media or forums like this, it just spirals out of control as everyone will have their own interpretation of what any statement by the club actually means.

We we know we're not pulling in the same direction, that there are no great relationships between the four key men, that at least two, if not three, believe they can use the press to get their way, that at least one has a vanity over being liked, that at least two would confuse themselves if they had to find some truth. Put it together and we are pretty far from keeping it all in house, not with these guys and how they all operate.

Edited by Rimbeux

I was happy not to hear any public statements from us regarding Barry. In fact, it was reassuring as it felt like we were in control.

But now we have made a statement, it feels like we are now not as confident or as in control as we were. It feels like we have shown our hand.

I agree with Rimbeux - we are going to have to get used to this kind of crap with G+H in control for the very reasons I have stated above. Another reason to want them gone.

I was happy not to hear any public statements from us regarding Barry. In fact, it was reassuring as it felt like we were in control.

But now we have made a statement, it feels like we are now not as confident or as in control as we were. It feels like we have shown our hand.

I agree with Rimbeux - we are going to have to get used to this kind of crap with G+H in control for the very reasons I have stated above. Another reason to want them gone.

rafa's as guilty as anyone on this particular charge.