By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Parry's latest

BG

I may be mistaken but I think a new picture of Parry has now gone above his normal byline on the offal. It's perhaps the most Coco-ish picture of him I've seen. Maybe Hicks ordered it to be put up there to discredit Parry. Oh hang on...

Parry

Parry also calims that you Degen has shown his quality by playing regularly in the Bundlesliga...much like Vornin, Mad Eric and Dundee did.

All of whom were world cup/Euro Championship winning/finalists with the German national team. All bought for either a big fee or a massive wages package.

No comparison really.

Nothing in the original post about the size of the transfer fee, the amount of wages they were due to pick up or even the amount of trophies they had won previously - the only description being that they were 'playing regularly in the Bundlesliga.' As were Hamman, Babbel and Ballack when they moved to this country. As I have pointed out already.

Not sure what you are on about to be honest.

Nothing in the original post about the size of the transfer fee, the amount of wages they were due to pick up or even the amount of trophies they had won previously - the only description being that they were 'playing regularly in the Bundlesliga.' As were Hamman, Babbel and Ballack when they moved to this country. As I have pointed out already.

Not sure what you are on about to be honest.

Erm, the original poster infered that our track record with cheaper buys from the Bundesliga, was in fact, not very good. I gathered that from the fact that those he listed were acquired by Liverpool FC for negligible fees, and all had rather mediocre CVs.

You, then started mentioning the names of top German internationals, one of whom hasn't even played for Liverpool. What was your point ? That good players have at some points in history come out of Germany ? I'm pretty sure that the original poster wasn't trying to say that no good players have ever come out of Germany, ever. I think he was making a subtler point than that.

Erm, the original poster infered that our track record with cheaper buys from the Bundesliga, was in fact, not very good. I gathered that from the fact that those he listed were acquired by Liverpool FC for negligible fees, and all had rather mediocre CVs.

You, then started mentioning the names of top German internationals, one of whom hasn't even played for Liverpool. What was your point ? That good players have at some points in history come out of Germany ? I'm pretty sure that the original poster wasn't trying to say that no good players have ever come out of Germany, ever. I think he was making a subtler point than that.

Yes, trying to anyway.

Of course some good players have come out of the Bundesliga. So have some bad ones, some of whom we have bought for negligible fees. The fact that Parry also writes that it somehow proves Deggen's quality is laughable. It's the equivalent of saying: the fact that Bramble has been a regular in the Premier League only proves his quality.

I'll be delighted if Deggen turns out great. The fac that he's played a bit in the Bundesliga though is not enough to convince me that he's quality.

Yes, trying to anyway.

Of course some good players have come out of the Bundesliga. So have some bad ones, some of whom we have bought for negligible fees. The fact that Parry also writes that it somehow proves Deggen's quality is laughable. It's the equivalent of saying: the fact that Bramble has been a regular in the Premier League only proves his quality.

I'll be delighted if Deggen turns out great. The fac that he's played a bit in the Bundesliga though is not enough to convince me that he's quality.

Innit.

Yes, trying to anyway.

it is a ridiculous remark. for sure.

How much did Riedle cost?

About £2m.

Again, not really relevant to mr BG's initial point, about Parry's stupid assertion.

Where LFC have bought low pedigree, cheap players from the Bundesliga we haven't really been very successful.

When we and others buy recognised-as-good players from the Bundesliga (like Riedle, for instance), they tend to end by being decent buys. Who would have thought ?

About £2m.

Again, not really relevant to mr BG's initial point, about Parry's stupid assertion.

Where LFC have bought low pedigree, cheap players from the Bundesliga we haven't really been very successful.

When we and others buy recognised-as-good players from the Bundesliga (like Riedle, for instance), they tend to end by being decent buys. Who would have thought ?

Berger?

Berger?

FFS, not you too ( :bleh: ). Berger cost reasonable money at the time (£3m), and came with a sizeable reputation as Czech republic's best young player. An exciting prospect of a buy at the time, and so it proved.

BG, do ya wanna get on this, as no-ones getting your point.

FFS, not you too ( :bleh: ). Berger cost reasonable money at the time (£3m), and came with a sizeable reputation as Czech republic's best young player. An exciting prospect of a buy at the time, and so it proved.

Only Joking btw

I have a feeling that deggen will be a good signing, I belive that Dortmund wanted him to stay but because he didn't sign a contract (knowing Rafa was after him) they didn't play him much

I rocken he will surprise a few, and if he is bad he won't be worse than £13m Ferrera at chelsea!

Only Joking btw

I have a feeling that deggen will be a good signing, I belive that Dortmund wanted him to stay but because he didn't sign a contract (knowing Rafa was after him) they didn't play him much

I rocken he will surprise a few, and if he is bad he won't be worse than £13m Ferrera at chelsea!

I reckon the odds are that he will be entirely unremarkable and worth every penny of his £0 transfer fee.

However, at the cost, he's probably worth the punt, and I'm assuming that Rafa and his gang have some insight into Degen's, as yet, untapped potential, that hasn't been apparent in his recent career.

Don't know what more to say really than:

1) Our recent record with cheap/free signings from the German league than are not high profile is not great

2) Parry's comment that Deggen has proved his quality by playing in the Bundesliga is absurd

Don't know what more to say really than:

2) Parry's comment that Deggen has proved his quality by playing in the Bundesliga is absurd

Perhaps Rafa told him he had.

Why do people set any store in what Parry says anyway? He gets slagged left, right and centre and then people moan even more because he writes a PR column on the official site. He's hardly likely to say we had to get him in on a free beause the owners are a pair of c***s who don't even speak to each other and transfer funds are a bit tight is he?

Perhaps Rafa told him he had.

Why do people set any store in what Parry says anyway? He gets slagged left, right and centre and then people moan even more because he writes a PR column on the official site. He's hardly likely to say we had to get him in on a free beause the owners are a pair of c***s who don't even speak to each other and transfer funds are a bit tight is he?

I don't hold any store in what he sees but his comment was ridiculous.

To be honest I only posted it at all becuase I was amused by the photo of Parry rather than annoyed or offended by what he wrote.

listening to the guardian euro 2008 preview they are saying that Degan is a wide midfielder with great pace and some technical ability who was converted to a defender and doesn't really have a clue re defensive duties. "He doesn't defend he just goes forward". fwiw.