By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Chelsea and the right

Guest Anders Honoré

del horno is a leftback.

Boulahrouz was probably more of an allround solution than bought for rb.

They've had a 27m player there this season though....

Of their whole side, essien is the one I would take most of all.

And then play him at full back.

And to think Houllier had a deal agreed for him only for the board to pull the plug.

And to think Houllier had a deal agreed for him only for the board to pull the plug.

Aye. It was decided we needed 'proven quality'. That was the summer we brought in Kewell, Finnan, and the Le Havre lads. In fairness though, there's no guarantee Essien would have developed into the player he is now if he'd come to us instead of Lyon.

Aye. It was decided we needed 'proven quality'. That was the summer we brought in Kewell, Finnan, and the Le Havre lads. In fairness though, there's no guarantee Essien would have developed into the player he is now if he'd come to us instead of Lyon.

On the bright side though, we probably wouldn't have signed

_39940840_diao270.jpg

It was 3 mill or something as well, wasn't it :(

They vetoed the deal because Houllier wanted to send him straight back on loan to Bastia (pretty sure that was the club).

As an aside, is Ferriera the most expensive right back ever? I was thinking of Ramos but he's principally a centre half.

The c*nts have got the most expensive left back ever as well.

He's been superb this season but a bit hit and miss in patches previously. Not sure if he's the best in the world yet IMO.

he probably still get's sent off too much.

apart from that he's built like a brick outhouse, is quick and uncompromising as a centre back, and goes forward like cafu from right back. he's a brilliant footballer regardless of where he plays on the pitch.

he probably still get's sent off too much.

apart from that he's built like a brick outhouse, is quick and uncompromising as a centre back, and goes forward like cafu from right back. he's a brilliant footballer regardless of where he plays on the pitch.

Good player, if only a bit rash in his decisionmaking.

Essien is a brilliant footballer. Probably in my current top 5 outfield players in the World (with Messi, Ronaldo, Torres, Gerrard). I'd love him at Liverpool. Shame he's a bit of a t*** though.

They vetoed the deal because Houllier wanted to send him straight back on loan to Bastia (pretty sure that was the club).

As an aside, is Ferriera the most expensive right back ever? I was thinking of Ramos but he's principally a centre half.

The c*nts have got the most expensive left back ever as well.

I'm pretty sure there was a work permit issue involved.