By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Jonathan de Guzman

Gray - YPC

Not heard it mentioned over here at all (but then I don't pay too much attention to the media rumours), but a lad i work with has a load of Dutch mates who are big Feyenoord fans (travel across for most matches from Derby and all that).

They have been saying that the big rumour around Feyenoord is that De Guzman is going to join Liverpool in the Summer. With the Echo reporting that we're not after Rafinha (as most seemed to think the 'english speaking first team player' was), then could it be De Guzman?

Has anyone else heard anything of this one?

I've never knowingly seen the lad, so can't pass judgement. i think he plays right-wing, and he is only 20.

I do seem to recall him being a good young player on Champ so no doubt that'll keep half our fans happy!!

Guest Beano's Dad

I do seem to recall him being a good young player on Champ so no doubt that'll keep half our fans happy!!

:lol:

He'll do then !

Sounds similar to the rumours about Sulejmani at Heerenveen. Was supposed to be all the talk on Dutch forums but it never made it over here

Edit to add. It seems he's Candadian born. So ties in well with the 'english speaking, but not English' thing

Edited by Mcbain

I've seen De Guzman play a few times - Surf may have seen him more though. Quickish, solid tackler still learning but could probably come straight in and adapt. Not top draw I wouldn't have thought though - defensively very sound (Feyenoord have done better defensively this year, and much of it is down to him) but a bit slapdash going forward...his crossing ain't all that.

As a thumnail judgement, a good buy for £5-6m or less, any more than that and I'd be surprised.

I've seen De Guzman play a few times - Surf may have seen him more though. Quickish, solid tackler still learning but could probably come straight in and adapt. Not top draw I wouldn't have thought though - defensively very sound (Feyenoord have done better defensively this year, and much of it is down to him) but a bit slapdash going forward...his crossing ain't all that.

As a thumnail judgement, a good buy for £5-6m or less, any more than that and I'd be surprised.

I thought he was a right midifelder? He been playing right back this season?

£5-6m for a right back from holland who is not top draw is very expensive!

What can he do , that Arbeloa/Finnan can't do at least equally good. I'd prefer a LB long before a RB.

Finann is 33 years old and he hasn't played well this season when fit, and arebola looks better on the left than the right.

We need both a new right back and a new left back

Finann is 33 years old and he hasn't played well this season when fit, and arebola looks better on the left than the right.

That about sums it up. Plus we need quality. Not sure we'll have the cash to do this though.

He's 32 today and I don't think he's been properly fit all season. I think we could only need one full back.

He's defo not a right back. Seems to play towards the right of a 3 in central midfield.

He plays anywhere from Right back, a sort of right wing-half to defensive right midfielder. Recently he's been doing the 'Didi' type thing of being a blocker - mostly infront of a back three rather than back four. he certainly can and does play at right back a fair bit.