By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Man of the Match game...

Morse

Carra

Sktrel

Crouch

Plessis was excellent.

hard mto judge between the 4 but if you were to give more points to the youngster for doing so well after being thrown in to a huge game then maybe he'd nip it.

1. Carra, vintage stuff from him today

2. Plessis, runs Carra a very close second, an outstanding debut performance

3. Finnan, some good perfomances from other players but Finnan made one or too key challenges that kept things all square. (Thought Crouch was at fault for their goal which kind of lessened his more positive contributions).

Thought Crouch, Riise and Arbeloa were all excellent but have to go for Plessis on his full debut and up against a team who are capable of playing anyone in the world off the park.

1. Plessis

2. Crouch

3. Riise

Think the Arbeloa, Riise combination is a better way to go on Tuesday down the left as well. Carragher and Gerrard on the right and stick Crouchie up top with Torres. Let's kill the game off.

I'm excusing myself from this vote until I work out how the feck I missed Plessis all game.

Simple. You'd hardly know he was there, which for someone playing his particular role, means he didn't put a foot wrong.

COLLECT BALL / PASS IT TO TEAM MATE / COLLECT BALL / PASS IT TO TEAM MATE / COLLECT BALL / PASS IT TO TEAM MATE yawn, yawn, yawn.

To do that on your debut against "THE BEST PASSERS OF THE BALL SINCE TIME BEGAN" is a mark of class. He, and to be fair, us for large parts of the game, out arsenaled arsenal. Not that you;d think so from listening to the commentary mind, but that's another thread altogether.

oh....

1. Crouch

2. Skrtel

3. Plessis