Sign in to follow this  
Tyler

Owen at Anfield

Guest ritchie_50

Anyone whose thinking about booing him should remember he's still a good mate of Carragher and Gerrard's and it wouldn't go down well with them.

Guest ukbriand

Let's just show him the error of his ways.

LFC is a club, a team and a way of life. No man is greater than this club, player, manager or supporter.

Michael's ego took him to RM, we won the biggest prize, he won nothing and he is now playing for a third rate team.

Let's all be nice to him before and after the game, he was a great player for us, and he made the wrong call moving to RM.

undefined We nearly lost Stevie but he will now be the captain for the next dynasty,

oh Michael where did it all go wrong.

Guest Jack Bauer

We can laugh at him and sing "We are the champions, champions of Europe!" and "We won it 5 times"

Shame, how the eck has he ended up wearing a Newcastle shirt at anfield on boxing day

The divvy, what a mistake he made, for two consecutive summers. He would of been dynamite as crouch's understudy

Owen has made his own bed with his decisions over the last few years and personally i hope he has a few regrets about his career choices!

However - the reputation for Liverpool fans treatment of returning ex-players is very good and I would hate to see that tarnished. A warm reception followed by lots of Champions of Europe and We Won it Five Times and support for our current strikers and defenders (as they put him in the stand) should be the order of the day.

Owen was an important player in the past, he may be again in the future (depending on who you believe) at the moment he is an opposing player but worthy of respect - lets not let ourselves down.

World Club championship trophy paraded before the newcastle game might do it ;)

1115322[/snapback]

This is the mocker that caused 2 crossbar hits and 3 disallowed goals.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N...051220-1608.htm

OWEN READY FOR ANFIELD RETURN

Paul Eaton 20 December 2005

Michael Owen has admitted it'll be a strange experience for him when he returns to Anfield with Newcastle United on Boxing Day.

It'll be the first time Owen has played against Liverpool since leaving for Real Madrid and the Reds' former number ten is relishing the challenge of facing his former team-mates.

"Obviously when I knew I was coming back to the Premiership, you always think it will be strange to go back to your old club, and no doubt it will be when it comes," he said.

"I have a picture in my mind of what it will be like, but it will be very exciting seeing a lot of old friends. But we will cross that bridge when it comes.

"I haven't really thought long and hard about it yet. It's a strange one. I never thought I'd ever leave Liverpool - I'd been there since I was 11 years old - so it will be strange, but as I say, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

"I've signed a four-year contract, as everyone knows. I wouldn't have signed a contract here if I didn't think it was a good place to be. I'm very pleased with my decision, I'm very pleased with how everything is going at Newcastle.

"If we can keep improving and keep winning games, I'm sure once this place can get on a roll, it will be a very exciting place to play

You wouldn't have left if you'd signed the deal mate.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N...051220-1608.htm

OWEN READY FOR ANFIELD RETURN

Paul Eaton 20 December 2005

Michael Owen has admitted it'll be a strange experience for him when he returns to Anfield with Newcastle United on Boxing Day. 

It'll be the first time Owen has played against Liverpool since leaving for Real Madrid and the Reds' former number ten is relishing the challenge of facing his former team-mates.

"Obviously when I knew I was coming back to the Premiership, you always think it will be strange to go back to your old club, and no doubt it will be when it comes," he said.

"I have a picture in my mind of what it will be like, but it will be very exciting seeing a lot of old friends. But we will cross that bridge when it comes.

"I haven't really thought long and hard about it yet. It's a strange one. I never thought I'd ever leave Liverpool - I'd been there since I was 11 years old - so it will be strange, but as I say, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

"I've signed a four-year contract, as everyone knows. I wouldn't have signed a contract here if I didn't think it was a good place to be. I'm very pleased with my decision, I'm very pleased with how everything is going at Newcastle.

"If we can keep improving and keep winning games, I'm sure once this place can get on a roll, it will be a very exciting place to play

1121758[/snapback]

Didnt realised he'd given up on his hopes for more CL football so soon in his career.

Didnt realised he'd given up on his hopes for more CL football so soon in his career.

1121769[/snapback]

I havent thought about it? didnt shearer say on Match of the day on saturday that he had already been talking about it?

I havent thought about it? didnt shearer say on Match of the day on saturday that he had already been talking about it?

1121777[/snapback]

according to Shearer they can qualify this season if Owen stays fit. Nice of him to admit they are a one man team :D

Why would he be entitled to any sort of reaction at all? After all, he didn't get one when he actually played for us.

Guest Jack Bauer

Can't believe that people think he won't get a round of applause or cheer. I think it was Deportivo at home last season and the half time scores came up, Owen had scored and there was a big cheer around the ground, that was after he had screwed us! Now that we're European Champions we can try make him feel better with a round of applause.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drill...051220-1329.htm

OWEN UP FOR KOP RETURN

icNewcastle 20 December 2005

Newcastle United hat-trick hero Michael Owen has started the countdown to his first return to Anfield.

And he admitted today that it is going to be "strange" running out against his former club Liverpool on Boxing Day.

Like the rest of the United squad, Owen had the day off yesterday and he savoured his first hat-trick in a black-and-white shirt in Saturday's victory over West Ham at Upton Park.

But United were back in training today and the focus was very much on Liverpool and the trip to Anfield. Graeme Souness' side head to Merseyside looking to improve on their run of seven points out of the last nine.

Ironically, the last time Owen played at Anfield was against United in the final game of the 2003-04 season in the 1-1 draw before he moved to Real Madrid.

Speaking for the first time on going back to the club he joined as an 11-year-old, Owen said today: "When I knew I was coming back to the Premiership, I always thought it would be strange to go back to Anfield.

"But I'll deal with it when the game actually comes along - I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

"I've not thought long and hard about it yet, but I've got a picture in my head of what it will be like going back.

"It will be exciting seeing a lot of old friends, and it's something I'm looking forward to.

"It will be a strange one as I never thought I would leave Liverpool. I've been there since I was 11."

Liverpool fans are still furious that they did not get Owen back in August and they have not given up hope of seeing the England striker back in a red shirt sometime in the future.

But Owen insists: "I signed a four-year contract with Newcastle United and I'm very pleased with that decision.

"If we can keep improving and winning games and get the players on a roll, it will be an exciting place to play."

Certainly Owen has made it more exciting for United fans and he returns to Liverpool fresh from his first hat-trick in the Premiership since he hit West Brom with a four-goal blast in a 6-0 victory at the Hawthorns in April 2003.

Owen adds: "I didn't come to a club that was top of the table.

"When I joined Newcastle they were second bottom and I came prepared for a fight. Fortunately, things have improved since then.

"We've been unfortunate with injuries, but when everyone's been fit the results have been quite good. We haven't got the biggest squad in the world, but what we have got is quite a bit of quality, and if we can keep everyone fit we can win more games than we lose.

"There's a gap between Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool and everyone else.

"Apart from those, I don't think there's anyone we should fear.

"Every year there's always one or even two teams that surprisingly get into the Champions League or a UEFA Cup place, so there's plenty to play for.

"We would have wanted a better start to the season but we are slowly-but surely climbing the table and another couple of wins will propel us into the UEFA Cup places.

"That's the bare minimum of where we want to be."

The countdown to Owen's return to Anfield has now started as the £17m striker can reflect on the fact that he is now one of a select band of players, including Malcolm Macdonald, David Kelly and Andy Cole who have scored hat-tricks both for and against United.

Owen scored three times for Liverpool at St James' Park in 1998, and repeated the trick at Anfield in 2001.

Michael Owen will return to face the Kop in the best form of his career so far.

His record for Liverpool was just over a goal every other game as he blasted in 158 in 297 appearances before moving to Real Madrid in 2004.

A frustrated Owen then found himself on the bench 18 times in Spain.

However, the striker still maintained his breathtaking record by netting 14 times in 40 appearances, many of them as a substitute.

At international level Owen has scored 35 goals in 75 appearances, leaving him just 14 goals behind England's leading scorer of all time Sir Bobby Charlton.

Owen, who joined United almost a month into the season, has also been hampered with injuries but seven goals in eight games amounts to his best ratio to date in a sparkling career.

Yeah, he's never played better than he's playing now. Still, he was quite good January to May 2001 wasn't he?

Found this on the geordie website.... it is quite amusing i must say

We put wur millions in

And got wor Michael Out

In Out In Out

We blew the scousers out

Now we?ve got Michael Owen

And they?ve got Peter Crouch

That?s why the Geordies Shout

Ohhhhhh ? we?ve got Michael Owen

Ohhhhhh ? they?ve got Peter Crouch

(then adopting mock scouse accent and follow the actions)

Arms out, Palms down

Calm, calm down

Found this on the geordie website.... it is quite amusing i must say

We put wur millions in

And got wor Michael Out

In Out In Out

We blew the scousers out

Now we?ve got Michael Owen

And they?ve got Peter Crouch

That?s why the Geordies Shout

Ohhhhhh ? they?ve got Peter Crouch

(then adopting mock scouse accent and follow the actions)

Arms out, Palms down

Calm, calm down

1122693[/snapback]

it's comedy alright.

"There's a gap between Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool and everyone else.

"Apart from those, I don't think there's anyone we should fear.

Fantastic thing to say the week before playing Liverpool away :lol:

Guest Parm

I hope he is appaluded and has a mare of a game and then applauded when the game is over

Guest JV
We put wur millions in

And got wor Michael Out

WTF lingo is that? me no understand :wacko:

Edited by JV