By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Lions

Gethin

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have taken any of them either.

2 is about right, given Laidlaw's injury and the quality in the second row, in my opinion.

I'd have Cotter rather than Gatland though!

They can feel as upset as they like - it's not like they've any totally obvious players who have been omitted.

Joe Launchbury is the universally agreed most hard done by player who won't be on the plane.

They can feel as upset as they like - it's not like they've any totally obvious players who have been omitted.

Joe Launchbury is the universally agreed most hard done by player who won't be on the plane.

Aye. This. 

Launchbury will be out there when someone gets injured. 

I'm sure you'd be saying the same if there were 2 Welsh selected and a dozen Scots by a coach who will be in charge of Scotland come the end of the tour!

If the situations had been reversed I wouldn't have had too many complaints. 

I want the team that will give the Lions the best chance of winning - which is why I've been so vocal that Gatland's a crap choice of coach despite being "Welsh". Very much hoping he won't be the Welsh coach for much longer either (unless the replacement is Howley). 

Barclay, Watson, Maitland, Russell

Watson tore the much vaunted Welsh pack apart. The england game was gone in the first 3 minutes and we never recovered, this is the game getting blamed for him not picking more Jocks.

:ok:

Don't judge me by your own one-eyed standards ;) 

Watson tore the much vaunted Welsh pack apart. The england game was gone in the first 3 minutes and we never recovered, this is the game getting blamed for him not picking more Jocks.

The Welsh Pack hasn't been "much vaunted" for a few years - it's been pretty bloody weak since we've not adequately replaced Gethin Jenkins and Adam Jones. There's a reason why there's only one Welsh front rower in the squad. 

Don't judge me by your own one-eyed standards ;)

The Welsh Pack hasn't been "much vaunted" for a few years - it's been pretty bloody weak since we've not adequately replaced Gethin Jenkins and Adam Jones. There's a reason why there's only one Welsh front rower in the squad. 

He is talking about the back row/breakdown where you are seen as pretty strong as can be seen by 4 in the Lions squad.....

Our back rowers are very good (and I think Moriarty is the only one of the 4 you could argue with for Lions selection) but without a good front 5 providing a base to work from, they're not as effective. Age and injuries mean that Wales haven't had that for a couple of seasons. 

Our back rowers are very good (and I think Moriarty is the only one of the 4 you could argue with for Lions selection) but without a good front 5 providing a base to work from, they're not as effective. Age and injuries mean that Wales haven't had that for a couple of seasons.

2 more Welsh front 5 picks than from Scotland ;-)

Sarries pack dominated Munster today.

Kruis and Billy V looking surprisingly fit given lay offs.

Disappointed by Leinster in end yesterday - we got ourselves into a good position after a really poor start - would have loved a crack at Saracens.

I llike the Clermont fans though and would be great to see them win it. No chance though - Sarries are winning that final

by 12 pts plus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...