By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Lions

Gethin

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting he's gone for a lot of the 'finishers' who have made late game impacts over others. George and Sinckler for example.

Yeah, looks very deliberate that. Clearly backing them to have more impact off the bench than some of the lads who start for their countries would.

Two jocks is a travesty. Apart from the game against England we played some of the best rugby in the six nations this year. Blinkers on I know but come on 2 is not enough

It does seem a bit paltry but some of the other likeliest candidates were in some the most competitive positions probably.

I reckon Laidlaw would have gone instead of Youngs if he'd stayed fit.

Two jocks is a travesty. Apart from the game against England we played some of the best rugby in the six nations this year. Blinkers on I know but come on 2 is not enough

Quite agree. Don't want a quota system but it seems Gatland is covering his a*** a bit for when he returns to being Wales boss in the autumn

Who else is there for consideration?

The Grays, for sure, but lock is ridiculously well stocked with very good players. That Launchbury missed out shows how tough that position is. Think Lawes got the nod for his aggression and that he can possibly play back row too.

I like Laidlaw, he looks a leader too, but he's out for the entire tour isn't he? Who are the other Scots that could've played?

Don't have a massive problem with the omissions, although I feel bad for Launchbury and the Grays who are both very good players. Slightly concerned by the centre and wing options. Wondering who will play at full-back, as with Farrell's kicking from centre (presumably), I'm not sure Halfpenny is required there.

Halfpenny has lost a yard. If Farrell is on the field then Hogg should be FB.

Having Daley around to punish any penalties from 50 yards out tends to help too if he makes the test side.

Edited by StevieC

Some interesting selections in the England squad too, not least this lad who was born in England but has been playing Super Rugby for the Blues.

Didn't realise Kyle Eastmond had done his achilles but then it is three years since he played for England anyway. Shame, he looked a real talent, but then Joseph is probably doing what he could have done and more.

Why doesn't Christian Wade get a look in?

Edited by kop205