By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Evil Dead

Nathan Explosion

• 5 months later...

that looks like it could be a really good remake actually.

Yep - was quite surprised with the trailer, as I didn't expect it to be good at all. Concentrating a lot on the mother/daughter relationship, which is good.

It's my favourite horror film, just ahead of Evil Dead, so if they manage to pull off at least one of them then I'll be happy.

Yep - was quite surprised with the trailer, as I didn't expect it to be good at all. Concentrating a lot on the mother/daughter relationship, which is good.

It's my favourite horror film, just ahead of Evil Dead, so if they manage to pull off at least one of them then I'll be happy.

certainly picked two damned good actresses in carrie to have a crack at it.

Thought I'd resurrect this (see what I did there?) as it's out soon :yes:

And here's a trailer for another horror remake later this year (if you've never heard of or seen the original, or read the book, then don't watch the trailer cos' it's spoiler-tastic)

Wow they really did just put the whole plot in it.

The original Evil Dead is great, and I'd go as far as saying it's a classic of the horror genre. The geekiest thing I own is my Evil Dead limited edition book of the dead dvd. The DVD case is a tactile rubber recreation of the book from the film, with artwork on the pages inside. Geeky but I love it.

Evil Dead II was basically a higher-budget comic remake of the first, and now presumably the new one is a 'serious' remake of the first. Don't really see the point as the first one was perfect anyway, but then I don't see the point of remakes anyway when the original is already seen as a classic or cult-classic. It had a mix of real horror, gross-out and that level of comedy where you giggle more out of nervousness rather than the slapstick of the 2nd... in fact, I don't think any other horror film has ever found that level of balance between scary and fun so finely as the original.